cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline on VOIP and internet wired connections dropping out overnight

Cerium
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

Hello

For the past 2 weeks, I have noticed that the wired connections to my Amazon eero router are dropping out, usually overnight but, occasionally during the evening.

This includes the connection to the VOIP phone Grandstream device.

The solution seems to be to switch off and on the TP-Link ethernet switch box that I use to connect my wired devices to the Amazon eero router. I assumed this implied that there was a fault with the switch box so I replaced it with a new box but the issue continues.

Weirdly, it is only the devices connected via the switch box (this includes the Grandstream box) that are affected. WiFi works fine throughout and, if I connect a device directly to the eero box, the connection runs a Speedtest ok. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Not having my landline, expecially overnight, when I rely on it for incoming emergency calls from family, is a real concern. I always mute my mobile at night (hence my requirement for the VOIP landline service).

Regards,

Jane

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Cerium,

How has it been over the weekend, are you still experiencing the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hello Chris

Yes. I'm none-the-wiser as to how to contact eero support from the eero app.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Cerium,

Are you still unable to contact the support team?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

I can't find that under any of the 4 menus (Home, Activity, Discover, Settings)

Could someone perhaps provide the steps to the option you mean or maybe a screenshot?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi

There should be ab option to contact EERO support directly in the app, bypassing TalkTalk 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hello Chris

So, is that under the Contact TalkTalk Support link in the app?

That seems to just take me into some general TalkTalk support page.

I'm not seeing any link to eero support.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

OK  thanks. If the problem continues could you try contacting the eero support team via the app, they may be able to help.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

No. I turned everything off and on again and the connection came back.

But, whatever is causing this needs identifying as the loss of connection typically occurs in the evening and we lose our landline as a result. The whole point of having the landline is that we can be contacted during the night when our mobiles are muted.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the wired connection still down at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hello

Well, it's taken 21 days but the fault has now recurred.

Wired internet has gone again.

Wifi still ok.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22
0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Will do. It may take several days for the fault to recur.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

OK thanks. Could you just monitor and let us know if the problem still occurs with the eero's in their current configuration

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Done that now.

The eero previously known as Living Room (the WiFi booster) is now the gateway and is renamed as Study.

The eero previously known as Office (the gateway) is now the WiFi booster and is renamed Living Room.

Both have the latest software version running.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Would you be able to swap them over so that the eero that's is currently the gateway is the leaf, and the eero that's currently the leaf is the gateway, also connecting the switch to the other eero (that's currently the leaf but will be the gateway) - hope that all makes sense

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

No. I have a second one that was supplied as a WiFi booster because the WiFI coverage with a single eero was not adequate (it was not as as good as the coverage I had with the old TalkTalk router before I upgraded to Full Fibre).

The second router sits in a room on the other side of the house from the router in the picture I sent.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Thanks, do you just have one eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

The switch is connected to the eero.

Blue ethernet comes from the Fibre box.

White ethernet goes to Switch.

Switch supplies VOIP box and other wired devices.

Eero with VOIP and SwitchEero with VOIP and Switch

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

OK thanks. Is the switch connected to the gateway or the leaf eero?

Chris

0 Likes

Cerium
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 22

Hello Chris.

No, the old model is a TL-SF1008D (which has worked ok since last March when I upgraded to full fibre and VOIP)

The replacement is a TL-SG108

Thanks for quick response.

Jane

0 Likes