cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Landline

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

A long-standing complaint which TalkTalk seems unable to resolve, and the lack of facility to escalate it, other than waiting for eight weeks and then referring it to the arbitrator.  This is despite numerous phone conversations, on-line chats and notifications from TalkTalk booking a call-back, which did not always materialise.

To summarise, I received a telephone call from TalkTalk offering me full fibre in August. I accepted the offer in the mistaken belief that I will have broadband and landline. Although  the broadband offered would be data only, it was not made clear that I would not have access to the landline! In fact the contract contains statements implying that there would be access to telephone calls either through broadband or landline. However, calls through broadband is not possible as there is no VoIP option in my area, leaving only the landline for these!

Following numerous complaints the copper line was connected again and I had full fibre (150) plus access to landline. However, the landline was disconnected again after 6 weeks, following which I was told through another complaint that what Oliver had stated was not possible!! Finally I was told that I could have full fibre and land line at no extra cost.

However, through Live Chat I was given totally conflicting information in that I was offered a new account for the copper line with no extra charge; and that, through another agent that this was not possible!!. 

I need the landline, given it is the only way I can open our gated development gates for visitors, and in particular Emergency Services (Police, Ambulance, Fire) if needed urgently. Surely I am not expected to walk outside in the middle of the night to open the gates if I am incapacitated?  Even when VoIP becomes available in my area, I was told by your agents that Digital Voice (VoIP) doesn't currently support equipment such as care alarms, personal alarms or security alarms that use the home phone connection (and by extension our gates).

Moreover I was informed that my latest complaint has been upgraded to the management team and I was told on Tuesday 16 January in a Live Chat that the team  would contact me within 24-48 hours.   However, I am still waiting, despite TalkTalk's on-line statement that "If a manager is not available immediately, they will try to contact you within 3 working days". 

Perhaps you might be able to take this on?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Apologies. Just checked it and it is now connected - both ways.

Thank you very much for the help and time given to this ...saga. Greatly appreciated

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hello Arne,

I am sure and believe that without your invaluable help I would not have gotten as far as at present. BUT, it is still a mess. My complaint has been escalated to a CEO case manager and to a senior Technical support manager. After various loops and hoop my old number, apparently, has been ported as I requested. However, I can ring out but not receive incoming calls and the caller gets a voice message stating that the number dialled is not recognised! I reported it to both managers but so fa rand despite further prompting from me  and further assurances from one of them there has been no result since Monday the 18th. In this day and age of technology, this is incomprehensible!

0 Likes

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 18

Hello Arne,

I am sure and believe that without your invaluable help I would not have gotten as far as at present. BUT, it is still a mess. My complaint has been escalated to a CEO case manager and to a senior Technical support manager. After various loops and hoop my old number, apparently, has been ported as I requested. However, I can ring out but not receive incoming calls and the caller gets a voice message stating that the number dialled is not recognised! I reported it to both managers but so fa rand despite further prompting from me  and further assurances from one of them there has been no result since Monday the 18th. In this day and age of technology, this is incomprehensible!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Dear Arne,

Thank you for your help. It has done the trick! The connection date has now changed from the 6th of Feb that it was supposed to happen, to the 20th. And I got a telephone call to confirm it. At least I got some response, although, as before, we will have to see if it happens. Grateful for your continuous support. I will of course let you know how it progresses. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Raging-P

Sorry that this ongoing. 

I have sent this to the CEO team to be picked up ASAP. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

I think I might have sent the email below to ...myself!

It is meant for you of course.

"UNBELIEVABLE!!! Following the email I mentioned, I was expecting changes as outlined in it. The changes were that I would be connected yesterday and an update, explaining further steps, emailed to me today. Unfortunately, surprising since the email with the proposed changes was from the Executive Complaints Manager no less, NOTHING happened. It seems to be policy of TalkTalk to prevaricate hoping that complainants will go away? This is not the first time the failed to respond although the sent notifications AND reminders for booked phone calls from TalkTalk to address various issues. Intensely frustrating particularly since this complaint relating to personal security and safety. I hope you are able to kindly take this on again?"

0 Likes

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Following the email I mentioned, I was expecting changes as outlined in it. The changes were that I would be connected yesterday and an update, explaining further steps, emailed to me today. Unfortunately, surprising since the email with the proposed changes was from the Executive Complaints Manager no less, NOTHING happened. It seems to be policy of TalkTalk to prevaricate hoping that complainants will go away? This is not the first time the failed to respond although the sent notifications AND reminders for booked phone calls from TalkTalk to address various issues. Intensely frustrating particularly since this complaint relating to personal security and safety. I hope you are able to kindly take this on again?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18
0 Likes

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 18

Dear Arne 

RESULT! I just received an email from the Executive Complaints Manager (which may also have been communicated to you?) with a proposed resolution. Thank you for your persistent and constant efforts. We will seen if it materialises.

0 Likes

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

I am grateful for your help. But nothing so far. My email and contact number are the same as always but I haven't received anything!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Raging-P

There is a callback scheduled for today 29th, the complaint manager has also sent an email to you, can you confirm that you have received it?

0 Likes

Raging-P
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Obviously I am not expecting anything today as the CEO office is (I assume) not open but just to let you know that so far, nothing! And that is, since 16 January !!

Regards

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18
0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Hi Arne, Not yet although I got a message on Tuesday 23/01 to say that "the complaint has been escalated and a member of our CEO Office will be in touch to resolve the issue".

Lets see when or if.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Raging-P

Sorry that you are having problems

Since your post has the CEO office been in contact with you ? 

0 Likes