Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last caller barring not working

Jane W
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I had a scam call this afternoon, so I tried to use the 14258 last caller barring service, but got this message: "Sorry, the service requested is not available." I checked in My Account and this said that I did have the service.

So I called Customer Services who were no help at all but who did put me through to a Tech guy who said he would investigate and get the services up and running in 2-3 hours. But when I called 6 hours later, I got the same message. I am still getting that now, at 8 hours after I first reported it. 

Please help, I find all this hassle very stressful. 

JW
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Jane,

Apologies but if you reply to the notification email we don't see it, you have to post on the Community as you've now done

I'll pass this over to our network team for investigation. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I replied by email yesterday to Chris about this issue, but I see that means no record is left here, so I don't even know if he got my reply. Since I haven't heard from him, I will assume not and replicate it here: 

Hello Chris. Thanks for your prompt reply. No, my Last Caller Barring still isn’t working. It should have been resolved by 4.30pm Monday, but it’s still not working. Something is clearly wrong, so I would be grateful if you could escalate this to your network team.

I wrote that yesterday, as I say, and the service is still not reinstated today, Wed 12th May at 11.20am. I don't know why this is taking so long, I would have thought this would be relatively easy for a technical person to resolve. 

Thanks for your continued help. Regards, Jane.

JW
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi Jane W

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Could you please retest and let us know if it's still not working and we'll log it over to our network team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Best to wait for a reply from TT staff, @Jane W. It can take a few days to get a response. 

Each new post pushes your thread back in the automated workflow, so simply look out for their post.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gliwmaeden2, I've filled in my Profile now, including adding my landline number, so it should be possible for people to reply to me. I must say, I have had repeated problems getting this resolved by either Customer Services or through the Tech Dept. I don't know why it should be so difficult to reinstate a service. It's also strange that My Account says I have the Last Caller Barring service, when I don't. It suggests some kind of technical error. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. 

JW
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

@Jane W, forum staff can't identify your account without your community forum profile details being completed. 

Particularly important is adding your Talktalk landline phone number by going via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Staff will reply later in the week. Please look out for their response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes