cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No dial tone

carlbhoy
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I have no dial tone, I have just tried a new phone delivered today, and the problem still exists, I have been in touch with the message service and followed instructions, they are saying the line is clear. Tried both new and old phone in the master switch ,still no joy, but I am still receiving the internet ok?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi carlbhoy

I have booked the first available Openreach appointment for 05/09 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

As soon as possible, AM or PM

Message 3 of 18

Hi carlbhoy

Thanks for confirming this.

I will need to book another engineer visit. When would you be available for this visit AM and PM?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Yes, I have taken the cover off and plugged the line inside main socket

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi carlbhoy

Does the main socket have a test socket?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Just checked main socket, still no dial tone, checked with previous phone and brand new one, nothing!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi carlbhoy

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've checked the engineers notes and they have advised that they completed work at the cabinet as some wires were corroded. The engineer should have still come to your property if an appointed visit was booked, I'm really sorry about this.

The line test is clear. Could you test the phone at the test socket again?

0 Likes

carlbhoy
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

I was told a engineer was visiting today between 1pm and 6pm, stayed in all day and nothing, still no phone line been out of use over three weeks now, appalling service

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Yes, I’m available tomorrow 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

OK thanks, we can usually get an appointment next working day so are you available tomorrow if there's a slot available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Chris, can I confirm I would like an engineer to visit, preferably 1pm - 6pm, thank you 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi carlbhoy,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Debbie, I’ve tried three different phones, none have worked, it looks like we require an engineer, if you could arrange please

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi carlbhoy

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test completed this morning is clear - No faults detected.

If you have tested with a different phone directly at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

OK, thanks for trying that. The support team here will look into this for you, but bear in mind that they may not respond until after the Bank Holiday. It will help if you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

carlbhoy
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Yes, I have removed the faceplate and still nothing

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Does your master socket have a removable faceplate? If so, try connecting your phone directly in the test socket behind there.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432