cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

No green phone socekt on WiFi hub.

loulou64
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

I've just been switched over to Full Fibre and the instructions are to plug my home phone into the green phone socket on the back of my Wi-Fi Hub.  The trouble is, there isn't a green socket.  Only a broadband one.... 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi loulou64,

I've ordered the digital voice adapter, it should be with you within a couple of working, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

No, it was actually a SCART cable!??? 

And still no communication from a supervisor despite being promised a call within 72 hours...

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Was this a grandstream adapter? Have you been contacted since your last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

Is this delivery a Grandstream ATA?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

No,  Debbie, I haven't.  I took delivery of a package today that turned out to be a cable with 2 parallel ports.  What exactly I'm supposed to do with that I have no clue!  Meanwhile, I was also expecting to have had a call from a customer service supervisor by yesterday (ie within 72 hours of logging a complaint) to discuss my disappointment with this entire process but as yet, nothing...and I've now been without my landline for a week and not holding out much hope of it being sorted anytime soon.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi loulou64

Have you received the digital voice adapter?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi loulou64

Thanks for your reply.

The digital voice adapter should work with your current router. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

I've updated my profile but in the meantime, I've managed to find a link to a chat that's working and am being sent a voice adapter apparently, although I don't think that's what's required.  I have to say, this has been a very frustrating excercise!

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hi loulou64,

As Keith says the port is usually covered with a piece of tape. If there's definitely no port  please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks
Chris

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

Hi @loulou64 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please also try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 11 of 13

That's what I'm thinking but I've spent the morning going around in circles trying to find an actual TalkTalk person to advise me.  I do hope someone will be on here soon and be able to assist!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

The Hub 2 comes with the Phone port covered with a bit of tape that you need to just peel off. The concern though is that you may not have been given a Hub 2 (FAST5464), but the other Sagemcom Hub the FAST5364, does not have a phone port on it. If that is the case I am sure that the support staff on this forum will change it for the Hub 2.

Keith