Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to receive incoming calls

ljt1984
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 4

Hi

I'm having trouble receiving incoming calls to my landline. When someone calls my landline number they get a message saying "you've dialed an incorrect number, please hang up and try again"

I only have a master socket (Openreach 5c), no extensions. Dial tone is ok, Broadband is ok.

So far the people who have tried to call me and failed have called from the following;

Landline - Sky landline (Same area code as me, but off different exchange area)

Landline - BT landline (Same area code as me and off same exchange)

Mobile - BT/EE Mobile

I have tried calling in from the following, which did call through ok;

Mobile - Smarty (3 network)

Mobile - Talkmobile (Vodafone)

Outgoing calls seem unaffected. 17070 confirms correct number at my premises. 

I have ran the line test on the service status area on my account, which initially said there was an issue and did further tests, where it then text me to say my broadband was looking ok (which wasn't an issue anyway!)

It is showing a fault reference now with "action needed" under Ref; REP-11559822 Although I'm not sure this faut is still active, and it had no way of me adding notes as to the actual issue I'm having.

So I'm not sure what to do next? Is the fault active and can any notes be added to it to explain the issue I'm having?

Many thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi ljt1984

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

ljt1984
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl

Not sure if something has been done in the background but the issue seems to have resolved itself.

The same people who had the "number not recognised" when calling my number can now get through OK. 

Seems it happened some time this afternoon after 1pm onwards.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Most tests are clear but I am seeing a slightly low earth reading on one of my tests.  Have you tested with another handset to rule out a hardware issue before we proceed to an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes