cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone dead, but broadband working

Jan_Admin
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

I reported that my phone was dead on the 25th May, but I have had no update to say what is happening or when. There is no dial tone and inbound callers get an engaged tone and then it cuts out. The digital display on my phone says 'check phone line'. I have gone through all the tests, changing phones, using the test socket, etc. but nothing works. However the broadband is fine. I tried to ring TalkTalk but got cut off twice (mobile signal not good here). I would like to know that the fault is being looked into and when it will be fixed.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

I've booked the engineer for - June 04 2024, AM  - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 2 of 12

I can be available all day on Tuesday, as I will be working from home.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Jan_Admin,

We can usually get an appointment for next working day so are you available on Monday and Tuesday?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thank you, that was confusing. I am so missing having a phone line, thank goodness the broadband still works!

Message 5 of 12

@Jan_Admin, staff won't receive your email reply.

The notification emails are from a No Reply address, so you need to post your replies in this thread (or by PM, if staff ask you to use that method).

They should be able to pick this up before the weekend, and I will re-escalate your thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jan_Admin
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

I responded to your email confirming that I accept there may be charges for the engineer. I also said, with reasonable notice, I can make myself available morning or afternoon, but I have not heard when the engineer may be coming or how long I will have to wait. Please can I have an update on the issue.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK, if you'd like us to book the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Yes please, I would like an engineer to visit.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

OK, to investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Yes it is, when we took the front off , we discovered it had always been plugged into the test socket, no other wiring visible.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Jan_Admin,

Line test is picking up a potential problem. Is your telephone currently connected to your test socket? -  Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes