cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

REPETITIVE LAND LINE FAULT

SAYERS
Participant
Private Message
Message 40 of 40

My land line has been repeatedly going dead for days at a time and then live again for brief periods, then dead again. This has been going on for just over six months now. Whilst I file a fault report each time and that fault is seemingly put right, within days however my land line is dead again - as it is as type this post. 

Tests show that the fault is an external one, off my property.

My internet connection works fine during this time.

I'm going round in circles with this and would like someone to investigate and locate the problem and make a permanent repair. Can any one help?

After posting I thought I should add that when I mean my land line is 'dead' I mean there is no dial-tone, I can not ring out, nor can I receive calls. I lift the receiver and there is simply silence.

Cheers

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 1 of 40

Hi woodstock4

Please can you create a new thread here Home Phone - TalkTalk Help & Support

We can then take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

woodstock4
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 40

16/05/2024......    I reported a fault on my Land Line originally on 25/04/2024 and the fault has NOT been fixed. The problem is :- " I can make out going calls but not receive in coming calls " I have been promised an engineer ( Outreach ? ) several times to look into this problem but no engineer has been in contact. I need to speak to a human and not a machine.

Please contact me, I have been going round in circles with no sign of TalkTalk fixing my problem. If TalkTalk cannot correct the fault I will be forced to change to a different supplier. David

0 Likes

Message 3 of 40

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear that the speeds have remained consistent 🙂 Please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 40

Good morning Michelle

After the land line fault was sorted and DLM optimisation carried out everything now seems fine. My speeds have levelled out and are certainly better than they were. Also, I notice I'm no longer getting the orange tab 'Server Unavailable'.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 40

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how you've found the connection/speed over the last week?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 40

OK, I've restarted the DLM optimisation process and your sync speed is now much higher. DLM will monitor for disconnections and errors over the next few days and will adjust the speed to maintain a fast but stable connection with a low error count

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 40

Chris

Yes please, go ahead and reset DLM now.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 8 of 40

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update. I can restart the DLM optimisation process, this should result in faster speeds but the connection may be a little unstable for a day or two, do you want me to reset DLM now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 40

Morning Chris

You asked for an up date.

The Outreach engineer arrived just turned 8 this morning . Fault found up the pole. Land line working fine again now, Broadband okay, speed just a touch bit slow both up and down. 

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes

Message 10 of 40

It's both internal and external, so they be able to check the line, cab etc

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 40

Chris

A silly question. 

Is the Engineer you've booked for someone who works on internal equipment only, or both internal and external. Just wondered just in case the fault turns out to be on external equipment rather than in my property, up a pole for example.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 12 of 40
0 Likes

Message 13 of 40

Chris

Many thanks. I'll report back after the visit.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 14 of 40

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - August 04 2023, AM (8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 40

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes

Message 16 of 40

OK thanks. I'll book the engineer and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 40

Hello Chris

Yes, I accept potential engineer charges. I am available for  the visit at any time on any day.  I have been without a land line for 6 days now (I do not use mobile) and wish it resolved ASAP.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 18 of 40

Hi Tony,

Thanks for answering the security questions. Can you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and let us know when you can be available for  the visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 40

Good morning

How are things progressing with arranging an Openreach engineer's visit please?

Tony

0 Likes

Message 20 of 40

Hello Debbie

How are things progressing with arranging an Openreach engineer's visit?

Tony

0 Likes