cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

REPETITIVE LAND LINE FAULT

SAYERS
Participant
Private Message
Message 40 of 40

My land line has been repeatedly going dead for days at a time and then live again for brief periods, then dead again. This has been going on for just over six months now. Whilst I file a fault report each time and that fault is seemingly put right, within days however my land line is dead again - as it is as type this post. 

Tests show that the fault is an external one, off my property.

My internet connection works fine during this time.

I'm going round in circles with this and would like someone to investigate and locate the problem and make a permanent repair. Can any one help?

After posting I thought I should add that when I mean my land line is 'dead' I mean there is no dial-tone, I can not ring out, nor can I receive calls. I lift the receiver and there is simply silence.

Cheers

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 21 of 40

HI Tony

I've sent the message now. You should see this if you click on your Community Username/avatar at the top right hand corner of the community.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Okay. I'll watch for your private email message.

Tony

Message 23 of 40

Hi Tony

Thanks for confirming. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 40

Hello Debbie

Yes, I removed the router, leaving just a phone plugged in the test socket for your test.

There is still no dial tone with either of the two handsets at the test socket, with router removed.

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

Hi Tony

Apologies, did you see my last message? Was the router also removed from the line?

If the no dialtone fault is still present with 2 different phones at the test socket (router removed) then we will need to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40

Hello Debbie

How are things progressing? Where you able to carryout the tests?

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes

Message 27 of 40
0 Likes

Message 28 of 40

I have swapped over, the other handset is now plugged in.

Unfortunately I do not have another microfilter.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Hi Tony

Would it be ok to try the below just for 15 minutes so we can run the tests? You can then re connect the router again?

The same fault has been detected, would it be ok to swap over the handsets so I can run another test?

Do you have a different microfilter?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 40

Correction, just in case it makes a difference. One handset is now plugged into the test socket via a phone/router splitter.  If I plug the phone into the test socket  alone then I will loose my internet connection and we won't be able to communicate. 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

Hi Tony

Thank you. The same fault has been detected, would it be ok to swap over the handsets so I can run another test?

Do you have a different microfilter?

0 Likes

Message 32 of 40

One handset is now plugged into the test socket.

Message 33 of 40

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you try connecting one handset at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 40

Hello Debbie

In answer to your question, a phone is not currently connected at the test socket. My phone is currently connected in the normal socket.

Would you like me to plug my phone into the test socket or should I leave the phone connected in the normal socket?

I have two traditional handsets available. The line is dead with either set plugged in to either socket.

Cheers

Tony (Sayers)

Message 35 of 40

Hi Tony

The line test is detecting a loop fault and this is often caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Just to confirm, is the phone currently connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

I have similarly found Talktalk's My Connection checks to be unreliable. 

They fall off regardless of whether anything has been done or not.

Staff will be back during the day to follow up, @SAYERS.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 37 of 40

Chris

There has been no change, my land line is still dead (silent, no ring tone ) as of 18.40 this evening, five continuous days - I still can not make nor receive any calls. I should add I am unable to make 999 calls if I was to need to do so and I can not use telephone banking on which I rely.  

After making a fault report on the 26th July I have monitored Talktalk's 'Track My Fault' and both it and a subsequent report, have been 'deleted'. I am on my third fault report for this current issue.

Cheers

Tony

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 38 of 40

Hi SAYERS,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 40

Hi @SAYERS your post has been escalated and you should hear Monday. In the meantime please add your landline phone number to your community profile so that your account can be identified by the team here.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personalinfo 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes