cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Some calls not connecting

oldjohn1945
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Incoming calls from two neighbours - both BT customers - ring out, but do not connect. Calls from mobiles and SKY customers connect normally. We can make calls to any number. Do my neighbours need to log a fault with BT? (They both claim we are at fault as they can make calls to other numbers.)

OldJohn1945
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

probably as well from now please, if that's OK

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

In the future or the past?

OldJohn1945
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

OK thanks. Could you give me 3 dates and times when the incoming call connection fails and I'll pass them over to our network team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Chris

No tone. Line completely dead.

John

OldJohn1945
0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Thanks, and so when you get the ring tone and answer the phone is there just a tone or is the line dead?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Chris

They get no ring tone or engaged tone. Just silence, but their handset counts the time as if the call had connected. We get a ring tone and caller ID and the failed call appears on our call list. Hope this helps.

John

OldJohn1945
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi John,

What do the callers hear when they call you and the call doesn't go through?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Chris. We definitely have an intermittent problem. One of the numbers failed to connect late yesterday, bot both have been able to call us this morning. What steps can you now take to resolve this issue? John.

OldJohn1945
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Glad to hear the calls are getting through now. As to whether it's a one off issue or intermittent problem, we'd have to wait and see really, if the problems does reoccur please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

I have posted the problem numbers as requested. The numbers are not barred or blocked. In fact, both have been able to contact us today. Question is was this a "one-off" problem yesterday or are we faced with an intermittent fault? If the latter, where do we go from here?

OldJohn1945
0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi oldjohn1945,

If you still need assistance can you please follow fr8ys instructions 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Do you have call safe or last number barring turned on? If so could you have accidentally added these numbers to the block list?

In your profile can you add the 2 affected numbers to the private notes field. Only you and TalkTalk staff can see this field. 

Please post back with answers to the above when tone and staff can then look into next week.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes