Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam calls 3 or 4 times saying we have illegal internet

asimov500
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Before I say it I know this is a spam call, but it is starting to get annoying. We don't get many calls normally but we are getting a call 3 or 4 times a day now.

The message states:

There is illegal activity on your internet and we will be cutting off your phone and internet in 24 to 48 hours

The phonecall does not mention openreach or talk talk.

We know it is a spam call and so we just put the phone down, but it keeps happening.

Is there any way to stop this?

Asimov
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Unfortunately no-one appreciates loyalty these days.

You do need to be proactive on renewing your contract for the best deals.

Off topic, but Martin Lewis had someone who had stayed loyal to their motor insurer and reduced their premium from around £3000 to c£350! 

I hope you get a good deal. Please let us know how it goes.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Yeh well we started off with the pipex service.

I am surprised we haven't been upgraded automatically.

Will ring up in the week

Asimov
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @asimov500

You are on a very old package, So I would suggest calling our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours (Monday to Saturday 10:00am to 18:00pm) on 03451720046 or try our Live chat service 

They will be able to reduce your costs and then callsafe will be able to work. 

Regards

asimov500
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

Tried the 1 4 7 2 and then pressed 1, but the message came on that they were unable to help us.

Which is strange having a service that doesn't work.

Asimov
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Yes.

Try CallSafe. I have not had a single spam phone call in all the years I have been using this.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-CallSafe/ta-p/2204784

There are limitations in using the website to input numbers at the moment but once you have accepted a number its there for good.

Spammers in general won't leave their name so don't get through.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).