cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Transfer to VOIP

bronzesmith
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hello, I am looking for advice about the change over to VOIP. I am presently using a BT 4600 DECT system comprising of four wireless phones and an answering machine/dock. This is in conjunction with a TALKTALK router, and service is provided via copper wire. We are soon being switched over to fibre , which will run from the exchange to the street cabinet, cabinet to house will still be via copper unless we decide to go full fibre. What I need to know is will I be able to use my existing phone system on VOIP and what do I need to do in preparation for this switch over. I have been looking at similar set ups in which the phone cable from the main box is disconnected and plugged into the back of the router but my router does not have a phone point to plug into. Is there an adaptor I can buy or do I need a new router, or do I need to scrap the 9month old phone system and buy a new one. Any and all advice gratefully received. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

No problem, just let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

bronzesmith
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thanks for the quick replies, we have not yet decided which plan we will go with, or even if we stay with TalkTalk. The information we have received will go a long way to helping us to decide so thank you for your help and advice.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

@bronzesmith, when using FTTC, you won't switch to VOIP. You will continue to use the phone as normal and you will probably not need a new router. 

If you move to FTTP, you must order VOIP with your order (not later).

The Eero or the Hub2 would be sent then, depending on which package you order at the time.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi bronzesmith,

Any standard telephone should work with our digital voice service. Which Full Fibre package are you moving too?

Chris

0 Likes