cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Trying to get through a BOT...

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

'MICHELLE' has asked me to create my own topic, so...

In response to a question from @chrispne regarding the use of ‘BOTs’, DEBBIE asked that the customer’s NAME and TalkTalk LANDLINE numner be added to @chrispne Profile.

A couple of hours ago, I posted an article regarding a problem with our (domestic) landline.

My name and landline number have been listed on 'My Profile' for a long time, yet I spent a very long time during December and January trying to text message with a BOT whilst waiting for some human being to eventually respond...

With my name and number previously available andf displayed in ‘My Profile’, why do you think that happened?

Might this happen again?

The Forum is nothing without Gondola...
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hello Chris

I believe so, yes.

The message received after dialling a mobile states: 'OUTGOING CALLS TO THIS NUMBER ARE BARRED'.

May I please mention our actual telepone line whilst through to you?

I had mentioned it to the last of the distant assistants to whom I spoke before resorting to this forum.

I had told (Clarence) during our conversation that the cable from the telegraph pole to our house had become quite 'slack', with a distinctive 'bow' in the middle. This has only recently occurred - some weeks ago. I have attached a photo to show the line.loose cable?loose cable?

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Thanks for the information. Are you unable to call any mobile? What happens when you call a mobile?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Good morning Chris

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the make of Router installed at home.

I had looked at it a few days ago when one of the 'distant' assistants to whom I was speaking asked the same question.

There is NO manufacturer's name on the front/back or side. He asked me to send him a photograph which, miraculously, I managed to do.

I will try to attach it to this message.

Just to let you know thet after sending the photo, I will be out and not available until early afternoon. Thank you.Our RouterOur Router

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hi Dorset Rover,

Do you have the Sagemcom wifi hub 2?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Thank you Ferguson.

I have not made any changes to my account.

For Michelle's benefit:

Using the 'phone is o.k. - no problems there.

I have lost ‘Caller Display’.

I have lost the Ability to call a Mobile number from my Landline.

I have lost the ability to request itemisation of calls made.

I don’t know if ‘Call Safe’ is working or not.

I have ‘Fibre 65 VoIP’ and ‘Unlimited UK Calls Boost.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 26 of 28

Hello,

Thank you. Just to confirm, what issues are you currently experiencing with your voice service, do you have no dial tone?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 28

The purpose of Michelle asking for the community profile to be completed in that case was so that she could help on here, it will have no bearing on contacting TalkTalk via chat. Would you like the support team here to help in your case?

0 Likes