cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Trying to get through a BOT...

DorsetRover
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 28

'MICHELLE' has asked me to create my own topic, so...

In response to a question from @chrispne regarding the use of ‘BOTs’, DEBBIE asked that the customer’s NAME and TalkTalk LANDLINE numner be added to @chrispne Profile.

A couple of hours ago, I posted an article regarding a problem with our (domestic) landline.

My name and landline number have been listed on 'My Profile' for a long time, yet I spent a very long time during December and January trying to text message with a BOT whilst waiting for some human being to eventually respond...

With my name and number previously available andf displayed in ‘My Profile’, why do you think that happened?

Might this happen again?

The Forum is nothing without Gondola...
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Good morning Michelle

To answer your question - NO THANK YOU!

I need the ability to call a mobile on my landline.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂 Can I just confirm, did you want to add a mobile bar?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hello Michelle

I have done as you suggested, calling the home number from two different mobiles, with the landline displaying the name and phone number of the person calling.

The 'call-safe' facility is also working now, so a big THANK YOU to you Michelle for resolving the Caller Display problem.

As a footnote, looking at 'My Account' - 'Manage my Add-0ns', I see that the 'Mobile Barring' facility appears to have been deleted.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Hi,

Thank you. Could you give it around 4 hours then try making some test calls to your landline to see if the Caller Display then shows the number please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 6 of 28

Michelle - I have now 'ticked' the box, updated and confirmed he change.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi,

Ok, could you re-add the Caller Display service back on in your My Account please and let us know once this shows as active please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Good morning to you Michelle.

Thank you for asking your question. When you say 'Active' I have tried 'ticking' the righ hand column, waiting for a couple of hours then using my mobile to phone home and then removing the 'tick', waiting for a couple of hours and phoning home again. IN BOTH INSTANCES, the result is the same - 'PRIVATE CALLER'.

At this time the entry is 'unticked'.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does the Caller Display service show as active in your My Account?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

Looking through the current conversations, I am not sure I answered this particular message from Chris.

If that is the case, the answer to your question is NO.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Good morning Chris

Many thanks for your continued help with itemisation/caller display.

Prior to sending this message I went to 'My Account' and looked at phone call 'Itemisation'.

Thank you very much - I don't know what you have done but I can now display 'itemisation'!!

I also received an incoming call on the landline.

When that phone call came in, the receiver displayed the following:

'Incoming call (and then) 'Private Caller'.

I look forward to any information you can supply as to the sudden inability to display the person calling.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Morning DorsetRover,

Glad to hear that you are now able to make calls to mobiles

Regarding CallSafe, does this help? - How to use CallSafe - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

Message 13 of 28

Many thanks Chris - the ability to make mobile calls from the landline has now been enabled. Many thanks.

I had thought that 'CALL SAFE' was where we (at home) were asked to approve/verify whoever was calling us whenever a 'new' caller 'phoned our home number. I cannot see where to enable/disable that facility.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

The mobile bar looks fine now as the check has been removed

Have you enabled callsafe?

I'll find out about itemisation, it may not be available for VoIP

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Further to my original message, when I look at

‘My Account’ it shows ‘Itemisation is not available for this product.’

As ‘Itemisation of calls is ‘FREE’, why am I unable to access it?

I had also asked if ‘call safe’ is working on my account.

Re Mobile barring:

Is the setting for ‘Barring/Unbarring’ calls made to Mobile numbers correct as per the attached page from ‘My Account’?settings pagesettings page

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

If it's VoIP then it's full fibre. Yes those speeds look fine for Fibre 65 VoIP

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

My Account shows Fibre 65 VoIP 65 at £27 per month and Unlimited UK Calls boost - £16 per month.

I have just carried out two speed checks:

‘WHICH’ Speed Checker showing Download at 69.2 and upload at 18.4.

‘TALKTALK’ Speed check shows Download at 78.

Are those the speeds a customer gets for ‘FULL FIBRE’?

I will check (again) the settings for 'Mobile Bar' on 'My Accounts...)

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi DorsetRover,

You're already on the full fibre service so don't know why the message has just come through

If you want to remove the mobile bar you can do this in My Account. Once you've removed the bar if you have any further problems please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

No, it has never been requested Chris. It is only within the last 2-3 months that it has started 'barring' calls to mobile numbers..

And thanks for the Openreach 'contact' details.

Another (strange) occurrence whilst I was typing my last response to you.

The landline made a couple of ‘beeps’, and displayed ‘Line in Use’

The landline then made a couple more ‘beeps’, and displayed ‘Line in Use’

I then saw there was a new message from TalkTalk shown as having sent at 14:29.

The top line showed:

YOUR FULL  FIBRE SERVICE

IS READY

Welcome……………………….Setup……………………………..Go Live

Hi Mr Lee, congratulations, your full fibre service is live! We hope you enjoy all of the benefits of your full fibre connection.

Feel the full fibre difference.

Ultrafast – impressive speeds.

Multi-device ready – everyone can do the things they love to do online, all at the same time.

Reliable – a powerful connection all day, every day – even at peak times.

Totally unlimited – upload, downlad, browse and stream with no

usage caps.

Future proof – the only broadband you’ll ever need.

Online help hub

From Wi-Fi boosting hints and tips to help with your bill, our online hub is packed with everything you need to know about full fibre. Visit the help hub here or search help.talktalk.co.uk/FutureFibre

How to get in touch

Chat to us here                                                                       0345 172 0074

If you need any help, you can give our team of full fibre experts a call Monday to Saturday 8am-8pm, and they’re available to chat Monday to Sunday 8am-8pm.

Your TalkTalk team

I have NOT sought to upgrade to 'Full Fibre'.

I did check speeds after that message and they are 75.5  and 18.2

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

OK thanks. Yes, it looks as though there's an outgoing bar to calls  to mobiles, I take you've never asked for this bar to be set up?

regarding the sagging line, you can report damage directly to Openreach here - Contact us | Openreach

Chris

0 Likes