cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

VOIP still intermittent

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

After all the fun this week, my VOIP is still intermittent.

I seem to be able to make calls out okay, but calls coming in vary. The person calling can hear the dial tones but my phone doesn't ring. It then goes to answerphone and I can collect any messages that may be left.

I've done all the resets and turned all the boxes off and on, and I know it's not my phone as some calls have rung and I have answered them today.

My friend with the same setup is also experiencing exactly the same issues.

Is anybody else still having issues like this and are TalkTalk aware? The service status page currently says everything is okay.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

Glad to hear this has resolved the issue for you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Thanks, Michelle.

All seems to be working okay now.

I helped my friend who had the same problem by doing a reset of the GrandStream and then turning the router off and on. This solved the issue too.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Mona,

It would be worth trying to connect the phone at the voice port of the wifi hub 2 to see if this works as the usual set up of using the DVA is with the eero router. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

Thanks. If it continues to be a pain, I'll give it a go.

Message 5 of 12

You could try and remove that sticker, plug your phone base directly into there and see what happens? It will save an ethernet socket and having to have a another device plugged in at the mains i.e. the Grandstream. I have that setup and find it a much neater solution. Of course you may prefer to leave well alone, which is absolutely fine!  🙂

0 Likes

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

Yes, it must be Hub2 and it has a port at the back ( although covered by a sticker).

I don't have the eero. I was never left it.

Anyway, I've just done another Grandstand reset and router turn off and on, and it seems to be working!

I won't hold my breath and also keep this post open for a while longer, but fingers crossed.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Mona,

Thanks for confirming. Is this the Wifi Hub 2? (does it have a voice port on the back) Do you still have the eero router?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

It's actually the old-style router ( Superhub?) and a GrandSteam.

When it was first fitted after moving over from UFO, the engineer couldn't get Eero to work, so left the original router.

It's all worked fine(ish) since fitting.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi Mona,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm that you're using the eero and Digital voice adapter (grandstream) please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

@MonaWhite, I've moved your duplicate thread out of the way, but will move this first one into the Home Phone section. 

Posting multiple threads can cause confusion on the forum!

Staff will be back after the weekend to follow up - ensure that the Talktalk number is in your Personal Information area in your profile. SAVE CHANGES. 

Add your account number in Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 12

hi there mona

ive been getting emails from talk talk over the last few days stating there has been ongoing issues with voip, talking from personal experience.

Whilst the grandstream has been working the sound quality not been good with a light hissing and the odd crackle.

The voip set is not my primary phone and just used for incoming calls.

mine rings ok on both phone.

I believe talk talk are aware hence the numerous messages?

hope you get a quick resolution mona

0 Likes