cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

What phone cable is needed for the microfilter

Renniks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Hello everyone

I need to move my phone elsewhere and I've bought a new lead. However when I plug in the new lead the phone rings but you cannot hear anything when you pick it up? It works perfectly once I put the old one in. I am using the D-Link microfilter that comes with the service.

Tia

Lee

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Thanks to Chris and yourself for the help

Cheers

Lee 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Hi,

yes, should arrive in a couple of days.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi Karl

Thanks very much

So I will get it in a few days?

Cheers

Lee

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi

Microfilter dispatched.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Chris

My information has been updated

Thanks for the help

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then arrange to send the micro-filter. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

I'm sorry, we don't have longer router cables but I'll order another micro-filter

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Yes please, I am corresponding with you for my partner as she doesn't understand all this type of stuff. Is there anyway you could send a longer router cable also?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

I can send a micro-filter, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi Chris,

Can you recommend one to me?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Thanks for the information. In answer to your question, no they would be the same at both ends. I think we should try a different micro-filter, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

PS

The cable I have had for ages is 4 pin.

Can you get 4 pin phone socket end and 2 pin on the end that connects into the phone?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi Chris

The 2 pin worked connected straight to the phone socket (no microfilter) but the 4 pin lead didn't work through the microfilter.

Cheers

Lee

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Ok thanks, so just to confirm which one of the longer cables worked when connected directly to the socket, or did both the two and four pin cables work?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hi Chris 

Yes it did work directly without the microfilter, I did think it may be the culprit to be honest. If I get a new one I would still need a longer lead for the router also it's the small square plug either end, can you recommend them to me?

Thanks

Lee 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

OK thanks, do either of the cables work if you connect directly to the wall socket without the micro-filter?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi Chris

4 pin on both ends. The one I bought was 4 pin both ends, once attached the phone would ring but no dial tone and you cannot here the person on the other end

Here is the lead I bought

ASNQ BT Telephone to RJ11 Cable Long 3m - BT cable 4 Pin Wire 6P4C ADSL Modem Phone Plug Male Broadband Cable, Extension Lead for Landline, Modem, Fax, Dial-up White https://amzn.eu/d/b2rNVKS

Cheers

Lee

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Lee,

How many pins are in the cable that works?

Chris

0 Likes

Renniks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 23

Hi Debbie

I have tried 2 cables

Phone end 4 pin into the microfilter smaller 4 pin plug into the phone

Also same cable but 2 pin either end 

The fone rings but there is no dial tone and you cannot hear anyone on the line 

I am using a D-Link microfilter that came from talk talk

Any help is appreciated

Lee

0 Likes