cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

"White Noise" on landline

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi. My landline has unfortunately recently developed a loud "white noise". The situation is as follows :

My landline to other landline : noise (this is the worst)

Other landline to my landline : noise sometimes

My landline to mobile : no noise

Mobile to my landline : noise sometimes

Talktalk have conducted a line test, but gave me no indication as to whether a fault was found or not.

My broadband is working fine and there are no "wi-fi connectivity" problems within the house.

Any ideas how to fix this ?

Thank you.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Cheers Chris !

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi rautospoon,

Glad to hear that it's been resolved, thanks for letting me know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Chris. Just received a call from an OR engineer who informs me the problem has been resolved. 

He told me it was caused a couple of weeks ago by TT engineers when they "made a mess of"  swapping some of the TT equipment in my local exchange !

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Thanks Chris. Does seem to be a line problem - will wait to hear further, if needed, from OR.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Line test is now failing with a reason code that means we have to raise this as a non-appointed task which I've now done. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact your directly if they need to access your home

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 15

It will be an Openreach engineer. I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Chris, thanks for that.

Would this be a TT or an OR engineer ?

I accept potential charges.

AM any day next week other than Friday would be great.

I don't use a mobile.

Best contact is via landline or email address on my profile.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi rautospoon,

If you'd like us to book the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

rautospoon
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Yes, that would be great - would there be any charge ?

My neighbour (who is with Utility Warehouse - is that connected to TT ?) has the same problem and we share the same "underground wires" in our Close.

Many thanks for your help, appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further? If you would please let me know and I'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi Chris and thanks for the speedy reply.

Connected the phone to the socket on its own and phoned a landline number  - spoke for about 10 minutes without any "white  noise"  but then it returned - I cannot hear it only the person I am calling can.

Unfortunately don'y have another telephone but the one I have (Panasonic) is quite new.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Hi rautospoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Have you tried connecting your telephone to the test socket on it's own? Have you tried a different telephone?

Chris

0 Likes