cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

upgrade to Fibre 35 keeps being rejected

Mrsnowman
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

After having several upgrade packages marked delayed and being canceled and spending 3 hours on phone and 11/2 hours on chat I eventual discovered why.

After we had been living in our property for approx 25 years the council decided that there was an error on the last digit of the poscode ( There are 2 properties with the same name(approx 500 yards apart) and somehow the postcodes had got reversed). However I had not realized that I had not advised TALK TALK of this amendment. This has only just come to light approx 10 years later, whilst trying to do this upgade.

We are being advised that the only way to rectify this, and set up a new contract, is to have my account cancelled and a new one set up. However, we are told that we are unable to keep the existing landline telephone number which we have had for over 50 years.  We are both in our 70's. How can I overcome this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Mrsnowman

Can you add your correct address to the private notes section of your community profile,or PM me with it,  we can submit an ORDI request to have the address updated.

Thank you

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Mrsnowman your post has been escalated and you should hear Tuesday as tomorrow is a holiday. I'm sure the team here can help you and preserve your phone number.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes