cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Can't change HomeSafe security settings

YIMann
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Since early December 2023 I have been unable to change HomeSafe settings within the security section of My Account.

My Account>My Security

There was a technical error

We’re sorry and working hard to resolve this. Please try again later.

How do I fix this please?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Excellent thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hello Ady, I can now access My Security to view and change settings. Layout is different to what was there before, but all is working as expected thanks.

Message 3 of 16

Excellent. I'll pass on your thanks to them. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 16

Yay!  😀  Yes all appears to be working normally again, thanks @Ady-TalkTalk and thanks too to the development team.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

Hi, it looks like the developers have got this sorted. You'll have received a couple of mails showing changes as I tested to make sure it was working properly. Please retest and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

I already had yours a still faulty. The team are working to find the cause and fix for this problem. I'm due to chase them later this morning. I'll let you know when I know more. 

Ady

Message 7 of 16

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk / Support

FYI..... I just tried to turn off the 'Homework Time' setting which is showing as 'ON' in HomeSafe settings.   I received an 'You've turned off Homework Time'  email, however, the HomeSafe setting is still showing as 'ON'. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

@aa2000, there won't be further staff support before Monday on the forum. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 16

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk  / Support

Whoever has been working on trying to fix this issue has now changed my 'Kid Safe' settings to block TeamViewer, which now additionally prevents me from using that application.   I hope a resolution can now be found quickly, so that my preferred Homesafe settings can be reinstated.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Yeah we've been trying to identify the cause. Some of those affected are now fixed, but not everyone so its odd to say the least.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk    Looks like the testers are on the case right now.  I've just had two emails saying that my Virus and Homework Time settings have been switched off.  

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi aa2000, I've added you to the list to be retested. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Am experiencing the identical problem.  Today is 13th of March, is there any update please?  Thanks.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi YIMann, we're expecting a fix to be implemented on the 12th March. If I hear anything further I'll let you know. 

Ady

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Which make/model of router do you have, so that I can tell you how to implement a workaround to this?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?