cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Black Screen

Talman
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi I went to play a recording last night, but all I got was a black screen. I did a maintainance reset (keep recordings) and I was able to play the recording, and all the others worked too. 

However this evening I went to play another recording and I have a black screen again! Is there anything else I can try or do I need a replacement box?

Best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Hi fr8ys

Thank you for your response and the information. I will try the maintainance reset and see what happens.

Funnily enough I have commented on another thread about the new box! It seems to me to be a retrograde step to send customers a box that doesn't record when other providers are offering boxes that record up to 6 programmes at once!

It is particularly disappointing given I have not long renewed my contract with TT, had I realised they were going down this route I may have looked a little harder at alternatives! ☹️

Have a good evening best wishes Dave. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

Try the same maintenance mode again. Some have had success with this. Failing that your only option is a full factory reset, losing your recordings.

The keep recordings options attempts to repair the hard drive if possible, whereas the full factory reset, reformats the hard drive and repairs it if possible.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones (albeit the 4k box does record via a usb drive, but only has one tuner so you can't record one channel and watch another), so it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).