cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Can't record anything or play recordings. DN372T box

Derek501
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Can't record anything and existing recorded programmes won't play.  All other functions work OK, tried soft reset, didn't work.  Thinking it may need a new hard drive?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Peter,  I agree with all you have said, I don't like to think of myself as a dinasaur but 'progress' often seems like a backward step to me.  I reset the box to factory settings and it is working now, lost all my recordings though.  I still have the 'TV Hub' they sent me so will hang onto it as a backup, I see there are second hand boxes online so will keep that in mind when/if iy packs up completely.   I guess what annoys me is that when I asked the woman at talktalk if I could record on the new 'Box' ( TV Hub and the other more expensive boxes were never mentioned) she said it could, I often find the person on the other end of the phone isn't up to speed.  Cherrs , Derek

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi

The 4K TV Box can record to a USB stick however the TV HUB cannot.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MarionE
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

I didn’t realise that you have to buy a USB stick to record on the new box.I didn’t realise that you have to buy a USB stick to record on the new box. I could record perfectly well with the old box but I quite like the new box. I’m going to keep it.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thanks Karl,  

Did a factory reset and that fixed it.    Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks for that Peter, I did a factory reset which fixed it, still have the TV Hub box that talktalk sent as a replacement (which can't record), think I'll send it back....

Derek 

0 Likes

redex0901
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Derek,

I had a similar problem to yours: our DN272 stopped recording programs or recorded only a blank screen instead of a program, and refused to let us play previous programs that had been previously viewed OK. The only Maintenance Reset that fixed this was the one that also wiped out all previous recordings. It was 10 years old so we can't complain too much. 

I then bought a new DN272 on Ebay which will be our backup, but other previously-loved boxes can be found there so perhaps one of these may suit you if you don't get yours working.  Great shame that no company currently makes TV recorder boxes when many of us prefer them to relying on streaming services (and we've seen how ITV can screw this up). I guess they are thinking ahead to when FreeView and household TV points are phased out but they have customers now who want to buy what we want.

Peter

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi

The Hub is android based so does have access to many on demand apps and other items from the playstore that can give additional content.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek501
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Thanks Karl, they have sent me a new TV Hub box ( which I am now charged for! ) but it seems to be a backward step as it doesn't have a record facility and not everything is available on catch up.  I'll try a full reset.....

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi

You can try a factory reset.  This will wipe the hard drive and reformat it, removing any corrupt files and scanning for bad sectors.

Try the reset and see if it helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes