cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Having problem with my Netgem box.

Aniachka1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

The bluestrip light appears on the front but then a red pulsing light appears.

I have to unplug it from the power and replug.  I have downloaded the upgrade but the tv still says I need to upgrade.  When trying to watch BBC iPlayer the programme buffers continually.

I did speak to TalkTalk, gave all the information requested, she suggested it was the aerial but that's working fine with another tv. 

It suddenly  came on OK. I was asked to monitor it for a few days but later the same day it got the red pulsing light as well as the blue strip light. 

I don't like to leave it on overnight so unplugged it from the power again.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Aniachka1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

You're a genius, Karl.  I 'played' with the various on-demand channels and now I've got sub-titles.

Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

Subtitles may not always be available in the apps, currently, via a different box, I'm testing some players, with the My5 App, you can go to the settings and enable subtitles.  Subtitles may need to be turned on in the settings of individual apps rather than a global setting n the box.  Can you check in your apps if they have an option to turn subtitles on or off.

For info, in the My5 App, I've turned on subtitles in the settings but this did not work.  When playing content, I hit the pause button, to the right of the screen is an 'S' symbol under the time left, selecting this does turn on subtitles when the content is resumed.

Test each app for individual settings or see if subtitles options are showing for the individual program when selecting the pause option.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thanks, Karl, but subtitles worked before I started having problems with the NetGem box, except ITV which didn't have subtitles.  We 99% of the time watch BBCiPlayer which does have subtitles.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

Subtitles within individual players is solely down to those apps themselves, and a lot of the players may not include subtitles.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

I have waited to see if things would improve and they have - the box is working Ok except that we have no subtitles on any of the On Demand sites.  Subtitles work fine on live tv but not on BBCiPlayer or any of the others.

Any ideas?

Hope you had a nice Christmas.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

Difficult to tell, it could be a dodgy cable, unseated cable etc, only time can tell, but if it continues to happen, we can swap out the box.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Aniachka1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Thank you I tried pressing in switch 5 times & thought it had worked after going through the whole set up including scanning for channels.  I switched it all off, but when I switched it on again had the same old problem.  I  tried the pressing the side switch 5times again but then ended up going through the whole set up thing again and ended up with sound but no picture.  So unplugged the box, plugged it in again and everything worked.  Do you think the box might have a fault?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

Try resetting the box by pressing the side button 5 times, then see if this stops the unruly behaviour.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Aniachka1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Thank you for your reply.  I am still having problems, the NETGEM box will not turn on or off using the remote.  I have to unplug it from the power.  Then the television changes channels etc via the remote.  However, I got a message on the tv about an upgrade so I downloaded it and although it took nearly 45 minutes I thought it had worked.  But next time I  turned on the tv I got a message about the download again, so I clicked on download and again it took 30 minutes before I got a whole list of error codes but they went off so fast I couldn't write them down.     The tv works as long as I unplug and replug the NetGem box but I would like it to work properly.

Please advise me.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

This is normal. The red flashing light is the box going through the start up procedure much like a computer does. It takes around a minute or so for it to go through this.

There is a time out you can set in settings and after this the box goes into deep sleep. 

As said this is the normal function of the box.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes