cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

How to get rid of pop up ads

daisyjm92
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

When watching TV we keep getting these ads pop up for other channels, TV programmes etc like "have you checked out -insert irrelevant channel here-" with 2 options of "take me there" or "no thanks". How do I get rid of these as they keep popping up right in the middle of shows we're watching (which is especially annoying during the Euros as they appear at really inopportune times!)

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Apologies. I can see that my colleague Karl has already responded to this topic.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Maybe you should consider using another company to provide your equipment. It's a really bad feature to have ads popping up during a programme with no option to turn it off in the settings menu.

0 Likes

monty18881
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Same here. Can't believe there is no option in the settings to disable this annoying feature.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

We have no control over ad's on the Netgem box and are unable to prevent these from appearing.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes