cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

ITV+1 Wales Recordings always fail?

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have a strange problem when recording ITV 1 Wales+1 all recordings on this channel fail. The channel works fine when watching live and all recordings on other channels are fine. Any ideas?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad a rescan has resolved this for you.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

There was recently a tv channel update where I had to rescan the channels, after that ITV+1 is now recording correctly.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

You can try and reset the box, but if it is the box that is at fault, this cannot be replaced as these boxes are now obsolete.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

If that is the case, surely the same would happen on my other freeview receiver which uses the same aerial and transmitter?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

You can try a Youview Maintenance Reset  however if this fails, and you suspect the box itself is starting to fail, these boxes are now obsolete and cannot be repaired or replaced.

TalkTalk stopped issuing the legacy youview boxes 3 years ago.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

I also have a manhattan freeview box in another room, there are no problems recording this channel on this box. So that probably rules out the problem is with the broadcaster not sending a signal?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi

recordings are triggered by a signal from the broadcaster, If it is only the one channel, then it could be a broadcast issue at source.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes