cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

ITVX stops on 4k box after watching for 10 seconds

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

@Karl-TalkTalk starting my own thread as the advice I gave on another thread did not help me either.

When I tested for the other OP, mine was ok. 

Last night I hit the same glitch.

Played HOW for the grandchildren and after around 10 seconds the screen goes black.

When accessing resume it appears the programme was still running but no sound or vision, as the show has moved on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi

I've passed this info across, Lynne has raised a ticket to Netgem for investigation so I'm sure this info will be added to the ticket.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

@Karl-TalkTalk it happened again tonight.

Programme played for 18 minutes and then went blank.

Everytime I tried to resume it then went blank after 10 seconds of watching. Tried another programme and that was affected too.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

thanks for confirming.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Software version is 8.4.27-17 (Thu 08 Dec).

It seems intermittent and now I think of it (due to the date of update) at Christmas I had issues when trying to play Kate's Carol Concert.

I tried a couple of programmes and even HOW is playing today.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi

Also, just to add, if this is a single program only, then it can be an encoding issue and we can flag this, if it is happening to all content, then that's more serious and we can raise immediately.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @fr8ys 

Can you just check what version of software your box is on ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi fr8ys

Thanks for testing and recreating the issue. I've reached out to Farrukh to see if there have been any recent updates pushed to the boxes, and also asked Lynne if she is aware of any app issues or feedback for similar issues.   Once we know this, then we probably need to raise to Netgem to determine if it's a Netgem issue or ITV issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes