cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Intermittent tv issue - No sound.

Raj LCFC
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Last few weeks we have an intermittent  issue using our talktalk tv hu  which we have had from new from talktalk.

Upon switching the tv and hub on there will be no sound. The picture is fine and I can change channels and change the sound up or down on the remote BUT no sound.

To rectify this we must reset the tv box.

Last night however we had to reset the box 3-4 times as upon start up there was still no sound. Additionally the tv picture looked like it had zoomed In as there were black horizontal bars top and bottom.

The sound returned upon the 3rd or 4th reset of the box.

The kids use the tv to play switch and minecraft and watch youtube and these are no issues.

This doesnt sound right does it?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Raj

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Raj LCFC
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Reset done and no issues so far.

Thanks Karl for your prompt support.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

This is a full android reset and will fully reset the box.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Raj LCFC
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Karl, i'll give that a go next time it plays up.

I presume its a better reset than just the standard "holding the on/off button in" reset?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Try a full reset of the box as details here ;

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Box-Maintenance-Reset/ta-p/1429347

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes