cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Is my YouView box Dead - if so, how do I get a replacement?

FreddyMercurysCat
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi.  We have a Huawei YouView box - we've had it about 11 years all told.  Yesterday I turned it on as normal, it came up with the loading screen and then the screen goes blank and it does nothing else (although the blue and red lights that usually show when its recording just kept flashing).  We turned it off and on again, checked all the cables, re-set the router (you know, the usual drill) but nothing works.  Has our YouView box gone to the great TV network in the sky or is there anything anyone can suggest?  I assume after 11 years its probably gone to the great TV network in the sky but I can't find any topics on how to request a new one.  Cheers for any help!! 🙂 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks Karl - but as usual, I cannot get to speak to an actual person.  The automated service is doing the usual "fault on the line, sending an engineer to fix it, blah blah" even though we don't have a problem with the Broadband or the phone line (both are working perfectly), its the box (which has been on the fritz for about 3 months).  As such, I'll just cancel the TalkTalk TV (not paying for something I can't use) and when the contract comes up in June I'll move providers.  Thanks though.

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Keith - unfortunately that hasn't worked so I guess the box is, indeed, dead 😞  But thank you for your help! 🙂  That is really handy information to know.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing those youview boxes just over 2 years ago now.

After trying to reset the box, if it has fully given up, then you coould give our customer teams a quick call, depending on your package etc, you may be eligible for the new TalkTalk 4k TV Box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Have you done one of the maintenance resets on the YouView box?

To do this:-

1. Turn the unit off at the rear.
2. Turn it back on again
3. Press the On button on the front and then press + and - buttons on the front of the box at the same time for 15 seconds.
4. Using your remote scroll down to Factory reset Keep recordings and press OK. If your remote does not work, you can use the + and - buttons on the box.
5. Follow the steps through the setup wizard and test your remote again upon boot up.

If that does not work, you have one other choice which is to repeat the above & choose the reset that WILL DELETE your recordings.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?