cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Legend programmes missing from CBS Catchup app

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Until recently LEGEND had a separate Catchup app, but recently it was merged with the CBS Reality app. I am no unable to watch any Legend programmes using the CBS app (Legend app has been removed). This is not restricted to my Talktalk Youview box as I have a second TV with built-in apps and that TV has exactly the same problem. So the fault must be with the app.

I think the problem would be resolved more quickly if  Talktalk were to raise it directly with CBS.

Can this be done?

Many thanks,

David

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

In the past I may have suggested approaching YouView but their Community forum is closed. On the YouView website there is a list of Content provider contacts. The contacts for CBS Catchup and Reality are blank. CBS websites and contacts there are listed but refer users to Facebook and Twitter (or X or whatever style it's going by today). So you can always try that avenue.

But I still feel that any technical query / fault report is best for the mobile app developers to pick up. Particularly so when the mobile app is described as "streams CBS Reality and Legend". My thinking is that a platform based app either ought to do the same. But if not and the mobile app does what you need then explore the possibility of casting from the mobile app to the TV display as a workaround.

I don't speak for TalkTalk but it's pretty normal for platform owners to say that content and how its provided is entirely the responsibility of the content providers and in this case CBS Catchup and Reality. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

davidw40
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I  was thinking that Talktalk, as an ISP, is  thehigher up the  pecking order so CBS might take more notice of you tha of a lowly customer. Though it might be better for Youview to contact CBS as it's their product which has the problemi.

However, some more Legend items have appeared on the other TV, but not on my Youview box (I checked for any App updates and was told I was up to date. It looks as  if CBS are being very slow moving things from the old Legend App to the new CBS Catchup app.

Many thanks,

David

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

TalkTalk TV has no relationship with CBS Catch Up Channels UK nor what's provided on their Catchup app. I do see that the app still states it streams CBS Reality and Legend.

For an issue with the app just go to PlayStore and submit a review giving the developers your fault report.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution