cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV losing its channels when using DN372

redex0901
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I have a TalkTalkTV Plus Box DN372 which is successfully recording TV programmes and allowing us to view them.

About three months ago it stopped recording, or the recordings only showed blank screens but a Maintenance Reset fixed this. Immediately after that reset the TV lost most of its channels – just the TV - the TalkTalk box is fine.  When I plug the aerial from the wall socket directly into the TV I can retune the TV and it recovers the channels, but only until I reconnect the TalkTalk box and then they go again.

I have tried changing the aerial cables, Ethernet cable, HDMI cable and connecting the TalkTalk box to a different TV in a different room with a different aerial socket.

I have tried maintenance resets including Factory Reset followed by Software Upgrade (I am on Component software: 3.8.128 (6507e3), Manufacturer software: 72.48.91).

After all this I still have the same problem: the TV loses most of its channels when the signal is passed through the TalkTalk box.

Today I have tried a different DN372 box, done all the above but still see the same problem.

The loft aerial has worked for 6 years and still looks OK, and of course I get the TV retuning perfectly when I plug it into an aerial.

Am I missing something obvious?  Any ideas?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

redex0901
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

It's fixed!  All the cables were OK.  The problem seems to be with the way we switch between TV and the TalkTalk box.  I just needed to select 'TV' once on the Panasonic AV options and now we can switch between the TV and the box easily and all channels are retained.

Thank you for your tips Carl, they started me thinking differently about this.

Peter

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Do you have the aerial going into the youview box, then a separate aerial lead going from the youview box to the TV, and is aerial / RF Out enabled in the settings ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Yes Carl, I have. Every time I test this I find the TV retunes with only 13 channels – always 13.

Peter

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Have you checked the TV is on the correct source (HDMI) channel with the TV Remote ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes