cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Talk Talk TV Hub

PGubby
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have today had my Talk Talk broadband connection set up by an open reach today. I am now trying to set up the Talk Talk Hub so that I can access the Now Entertainment service that I have been sold and it says that I need to connect a TV Aerial into the new TV Hub BUT I do not have a TV Aerial!!!

My previous provider was Sky and I have not needed a TV Aerial - how do I get a TV Aerial and more importantly where do I connect it to?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, @Dougan41 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

My hub is causing problems I'm not getting all channels and also if I ask google assistant its only going to YouTube no matter if I ask for a tv channel or app it pulls up YouTube videos nothing else all iv had is hassle I don't even think I'm connected to talk talk tv 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi PGubby,

As fr8ys advises, you will need to contact your own aerial installer to get a digital aerial for freeview channels.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

The hub utilises free to air channels, Freeview, and does require an aerial.

You will need to contact a local aerial installer.

Did the property have an aerial before you had sky? Maybe one in the loft or on the chimney stack?

You may find you have an aerial point somewhere if so, so a suitable lead from a supermarket would get you connected 

If not, your local installer should be able to supply everything you need.

One further thought, since moving from Sky, how have you been watching TV?

You may find that Freesat is an alternative for you (you may need to modify your dish if you had Sky Q).

If this would work better for you you could return your Hub and speak to the Loyalty team to get the monthly TV charge removed from your account.

Hope this helps in your deliberations.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes