cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

My youview box appears to have died - what do I do?

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

After failing to record a couple of days ago my box now seems completely dead.

No lights are on the front, not even the sequence of them. Nothing is showing on the TV itself.

I have unplugged the box and connections, left them overnight and reconnected them today. Unfortunately nothing continues to happen. No start-up, no lights, no nothing.

Help please, what do I do?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

ok, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

springsteen1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Karl, that's a bit of a bummer as I'm out of the UK for five months a year and don't really want to rent something on a contract basis. I'll probably have a look on eBay for a replacement box.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

TalkTalk no longer provide the legacy you view boxes and these cannot be repaired or replaced.

You may be eligible for the new TV HUB however if you are out of contract you would be asked to renew.  Also, there is a charge of £5 per month to cover the box rental.

If this is something you are interested in, give our teams a call and they can discuss any offers and discounts with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes