cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NetGem 4K TV Box - Issues with ITVX

martinB58
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

We have a TalkTalk provided NetGem 4K TV Box (TALKTALKTV 4K [BEA5D7]), since installing and until just the other day everything was working perfectly (other than occasional WiFi disconnections despite the TV box being almost next to the router). However since Tuesday (14/05/24) we are having issues with some (not all) programs on ITVX. On some programs we are seeing the intro ads play normally, then a black screen for a few minutes followed by an internet connection message (screenshot attached). However the internet connection at this time is fine as we can watch any of the other catchup services such as BBC iPlayer, C4, C5 and UKTVPlay without issues.

As I mentioned not all ITVX content is affected, the programs that do seem to be an issue are my wife's favourites such as Emmerdale and Coronation Street.

This issue has also been reported to ITV as per their message shown on the screenshot (attached).

Netgem Screen ITVX.png
Martin
IT Manager
OSs: Linux Mint, MX Linux, Windows Server 2016/2019 & Windows 10/11
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Clearing the ITVX app cache appears to have fixed the problem. Shame I didn't know about these codes sooner.

Thanks

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks Karl. I will try clearing the cache tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi

Thanks for confirming.  I'll liaise with our Teams and Netgem and see what they say.

Also, not sure if it will change anything, but another ITVX code you can use following the same procedure is 0000777 and this will clear the cache from the app.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 14

The attached image shows the information that ITV requested. I have not yet reset the NetGem box due to time constraints but can do this over the weekend.

ITVX NetGem InfoITVX NetGem Info

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi

No Problem 🙂

Our teams have contacted Netgem for more info, so I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Karl,

I will do what ITV have asked tonight and will send them the results, I will also post here so you are kept up to date with what is happening. The more information you (and TalkTalk in general) have the more you may be able help others who might come across the same or similar issues.

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

I'm glad to hear that ITV have acknowledged a possible issue.  I've not had any reports here, so am unaware of a specific issue with ITVX, so will flag this to our TV product managers here to see if I can get any more information.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

A little more information relating to this issue, as I put in my original post I also contacted ITV support over this issue. This is the response I have had:

"Hi Martin,

Thanks for contacting ITVX.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble viewing ITVX on your TalkTalk NetGem TV box.

We are currently aware of an issue with Talk Talk NetGem devices which is currently being looked in to. Can you please provide some further information below which we can pass onto our technical team, this information will help us to investigate this issue.

Can you please provide a photo of the ITVX information screen by opening the ITVX app > On the home screen press the following on the TV remote: 0 0 0 0 8 8 8 > Take a screen shot or photo of the information screen that appears.

Hopefully, we can get you back up and running to enjoying ITVX with shows such as Heartbeat - Which I definitely recommend.

Hope to hear from you soon. 😊"

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

martinB58
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Thanks for the response Karl.

"In the first instance, power off the box for a couple of minutes, then back on and retest the program to see if the same error is produced."

I have tried powering off the box for a few minutes, nothing changed.

I will try a full reset of the box tonight when I get home from work and will post the results later or in the morning.

Martin
IT Manager
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi

I've no reported issues with ITVX currently, and this should be working.  

In the first instance, power off the box for a couple of minutes, then back on and retest the program to see if the same error is produced.

If this keeps happening, try a full reset of the box - press the button on the side 5 times to trigger a factory reset and this will reinstall all apps on setup etc incase ITV have made any changes within the app.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes