cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Netflic account

Johann1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi

I just got Talk TV and I'm also paying £17,99 to TalkTalk for Netflix. Now when I try to export my old account from my previous house mate's account, it is asking me to AGAIN sign up to a £17,99 account with Netflix itself.

How do I get out of this loop?

Thank you.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

Glad to hear that you got this sorted out.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Karl

Thank you for your help yesterday. I got in contact over the phone with the correct team and they have cancelled my old contract, removed Netflix and created a new contract for me. I then added Netflix on their own website and all is good now.

Thanks.

:-j

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

Just call the usual TalkTalk number and ask to speak to the Loyalty Teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 17

Thank you Karl

You tried but this was a dicciult problem! Thank you.

Where do I contact the "loyalty teams" as nothing comes up in Google for that.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi

To cancel Netflix with TalkTalk, give our loyalty teams a call and they can arrange for the cancellation for you,

As we have no access to any Netflix accounts or services directly, so cannot see the Netflix account status directly, you can also try Contact Us | Netflix Help Center and they can see if the account is fully active their side or stuck in a loop as you mention.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 6 of 17

It says it can only complete the transfer if I sign up to a package...

Can you please just let me know how to totally cancel Netflix with TalkTalk to so I can move on please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi

Will it not let you transfer the profile from your other account ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Johann1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 17

I selected "Get Started".

As you suggested, this time I went in via Login at the top.

It immediately goes back to the "Start your profile transfer" screen.

Then it says "Account Created" and again, as ever, it goes back to the three plan payment options and I can't go any further.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi

Did you also try the sign in code where it sends a 4 digit code to your email address ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

Did you select the getting started option of the sign in button in the top right of the screen

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Johann1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Thanks Karl. I did all that, forgotten passport, etc. I get to the exact same place as before:

#

STEP 1 OF 3

Welcome back!

This email address is already connected to a Netflix account.
To use this email address, you’ll transfer this profile to your previous account and purchase a new Netflix membership.

So I am in the exact same loop. My ONLY option to go forward is to ALSO pay Netflix £17,99.

How do I cancel Netflix completely on TalkTalk so I can resign up with them please?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

go to Netflix online, select the sign in option, enter your email as the login, select the forgotten password option and follow the on screen prompts to reset the password or log in with a code etc and see if this lets you in.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Johann1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Thanks Karl

That makes very little sense. I have never ever created an account on Netflix. I, like many others, have used one of the five logins of my house mate.

So lets ignore that for now. How do I simply log into this new Netflix account I have with TalkTalk? Everytime I try Netflix wants me to join THEM and pay THEM an additional £17,99. I simply don't understand why I signed up with you and have to sign up again, and pay again, for the same thing with Netflix?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

The email for a Netflix account will be the email you use for your TalkTalk billing.

We would not have access to any log in details, only Netflix have these.  

If unsure of the password for your Netflix account, you can reset this via the Netflix website using your email address.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Johann1972
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Thanks Karl

No I'm not paying anything anywhere to Netflix apart from this new account I now set up with TalkTalk. For which you never gave me any login details or anything. So how am I supposed to export my Netflix from the old account (that my house mate paid for) to my now new account with you if I have no login details?

The ONLY way to create a new Netflix account is to pay them and set it up there. Yet I signed up for this through TalkTalk. 🙂

Please send me the details of how to log into the account I'm paying with at TalkTalk. As that is the only way I can migrate my old profile over it seems.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi

If you already have a running Netflix account with talkTalk, and an additional Netflix account under someone elses name, both have to be cancelled before you can transfer the old details across.

Remember, Netflix bill in advance, so If you cancel any of the Netflix options, you have to wait until the end of the billing periods.  So, for example, if you started Netflix on the 12 of the Month, the cancellation will not complete until the 11th the following Month.  This would apply to both Netflix accounts.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips