cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Netgem 4K Box Activation????

eastwing
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have TalkTalk FTTP broadband.  I'm looking for a set top box to provide a good quality 4K signal to a new 4k TV but TalkTalk cant provide me their 4K because of the package I'm on.  Talktalk Netgem 4K boxes are available to buy on ebay.  Does anyone know if TalkTalk have to "activate" them or can they be used without a TV account?  Thanks.   

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No activation needed.

Picture is as good as any PVR is, but when using iPlayer it automatically opens a show in UHD 4k.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Many thanks for your help!  Did you need BT to "activate" this or were you able to connect up and use?  What is the picture quality like?

Cheers!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I believe they will work on any TV.

Netgem also do a retail version of the same box.

I went for a BT (EE) Pro box (purchased from CeX as you get a guarantee) with is a YouView box that allows you to record 4 channels at once whilst watching another.

The only downside to this box is it doesn't have as many apps as the 4k box, but my TV has those, so I preferred having the superior recording options 

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes