cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New 4K Box

Willow22
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Sorry if double message... I lost it all just now (including my marbles I think!)

A while ago we received a new 4K box when we renewed our contract.  We had been very pleased with the old one.  When I set it up, I discovered I needed a USB stick for recording, which we didn't have.  Decided to go back to the old one.  However when they put up the message about being unable to have the ITV hub after end of November, thought we'd better go back, and got a USB stick.

On setting up again was pleased to see the recording worked, could access ITVX no problem.  However after discovering no Quest channel (panic from husband!), solved that by resetting the channels.  All very good until we had horrendous pixelation on BBC 1, then messages saying channel lost. We could watch it on the iplayer app though.  Then we decided to record something and found we couldn't watch something on another channel at the same time.  A bit of a backward step from what we were used to. I feel so disappointed.  Haven't watched anything today, not looking forward to it.  If we go back to old box, we won't be able to watch ITV on catch up. If we stay on this I may have a nervous breakdown.  Is there anything I can do to solve this? Please bear in mind I am crap at techie stuff.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thank you.  Yes, it did sound daunting! However, can't do the two box thing as only one HDMI on TV.  It is an oldish set, pre smart TVs. l may try the aerial splitter thing if no other problems. Thanks for replying.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

You can keep both boxes working in tandem if you have a spare HDMI input on your TV, and are prepared to purchase an Ariel splitter or booster and cables to provide a separate feed to each device.

If you don't have a spare HDMI port you can purchase an HDMI splitter too, to create additional inputs to the TV.

With the splitter, if you feed the TV too, you will need a one input (the aerial) and 3 outputs for individual cables or possibly 2 outputs if you currently use the old box output to the TV.

With the hdmi splitter get on that says it has automatic switches, not manual buttons to switch.

Sounds daunting, but it's not really. It depends what you want.

Or just buy a cheap splitter and run a feed to the TV and 4k box, then you use the box to record whilst watching the TV.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse!

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Sounds more complicated. If that is the only way to go, will probably need help......

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

If you use an aerial splitter you can watch a separate channel directly on the TV via it's own tuner.

A splitter with additional cables is around £8 online, purchased one myself recently.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.