cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

New TT TV 4K Box & TT Hub - what is the difference??

Evaelisa2024
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi

Im confused!!

I re newed my TT contract last week and got sent a TT TV 4K Box and a TT Hub. Please can someone explain to me what they are and what they do! All I was told was l would get sent a new 'tv box'! 

Do l still need my TT wifi router??

I should add l didnt use my previous box due to not being able to connect all the cables again after l moved. l have been watching tv using my laptop which has been a bit of a pain! 

Thank you🥰

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

You can keep the new Hub and return the old Hub if that is better for you  The loyalty team can arrange for return of the 4K TV Box and make any required adjustments to your account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Thank you for quick reply!

Im so glad l asked before trying to connect both the boxes!😁

Not only did l get two boxes, they also sent me a second TT hub!! 

Do l need both? Can l use both of them or am l better of with the just one of the boxes?  Doubt l will be recording anything as most things are available on iplayer.

Yes l have got a tv ariel, and a tv license!  When l moved here l couldnt work out how to connect all the cables and it was just easier to use the laptop and l've never got round to sorting it out! 

Thanks for number to the loyalty team will call them for return bag for the extra hub l received, and prob the 4K box aswell

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Oh, and yes you still need to router, these are TV boxes.

If you decide yiu dont need them phone up and arrange to return them and get the TV charge removed from your bill.

Ask for the loyalty team.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Blimey, you got 2 boxes!

TalkTalk state they now only supply the TV Hub, which is a no recordable version of the old YouView box. It has the added benefit of being an android box, having access to the apps that are available in the Google Play Store.

The 4k box is a streaming box, but has fixed apps, so you can't add any additional apps. This box has a benefit of being capable of recording via a USB stick that you supply. It only has one tuner so you can't record one channel and watch another. It slso has additional TalkTalk channels available via the internet, but most of these are available on the TV Hub via additional apps.

Both require a TV aerial to play the freeview channels and  TV to display them. I mention this ad you say you have been using a laptop for watching TV, and as its live TV a TV licence is also required.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).