cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Recording on 4k Box

raymondo53
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Okay, I was slightly misled as i assumed the new 4k box would have recording facility like the old box.  It dosen't.  I already have a SMART TV so the whole point in upgrading my hub is a waste of time.

But reading a few comments it seems that you can record on to a USB stick.  - But I can see no way on the remote or on the menu how to record or once recorded, how to play it back!   

Can anyone explain how this is possible.  I understand that you can not watch another prog whilst recording. but I only need to record progs with adverts so i can fast forward through the ad breaks!

Any help appreciated or I will need to return the box to talktalk. 

Ray Hulme
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

MINNIE85
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 15

I ercieved my new TV HUB box today -  I have parcelled up the old one already to return it - however- my main activity is recording programmes.    I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THE OLD BOX  ASI HAVE A SMART TV.  I CAN LIVE WITHOUT ITVX. !

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 15

Hi @raymondo53 

What you were told in that statement of course, does not mention recording. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Thanks to you both @KeithFrench and @ferguson  You are both right, it s the talktalk hub that arrived - This is what TT told me I was getting: "The TalkTalk TV Hub box has both 4K and HD capabilities"  So it's confusing.  I will have to get them to pick it up and exchange it.   Thanks for talking me through it.

Ray Hulme
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

@raymondo53 

Which make/model of smart TV do you have? My LG for example has the facility to connect a USB drive to use for recording directly from the Freeview tuner and I have connected one accordingly, although personally I tend to use it for little more than pausing live TV if interrupted. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

Yes, thanks @ferguson, despite the subject title it seems that the OP has the TV Hub, not the 4K box.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 6 of 15

@raymondo53 

Then you have the TV Hub, rather than the 4K box you mentioned in the title and your initial post.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Hi @raymondo53 

I have just been reading up on this, there is no mention of being able to record on this box at all. The USB is only used to play back compatible media:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Standard-features-on-the-TV-Hub/ta-p/2980624 

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 15

Then, not having this box myself, you'll have to wait on here for someone that does.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

here's my new talktalk remote supplied with the 4k hub. - no record button - the red one adds it to the watch list only.

my remotemy remote

Ray Hulme
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

Can't you do it in the guide or press the record button as per @ferguson image of his remote?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Thanks keith, I appreciate that but I cannot see the facility to record anywhere!   I can watch another channel through the tv - separate aerial - and have formatted a USB drive through the box - but where does it tell me to set a recording?  t must be simple!

Ray Hulme
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

My remote looks like the one shown below, is yours different?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

You can only record the channel that you are watching.

If you want to be able to record programmes you might be better buying a Freeview recorder like thos from Manhatten & Humax.

Keith

0 Likes