cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Hub sound issues.

Renton608
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi all. 

I’ve just installed my new TV hub box and am experiencing some weird sound issues. 

The box is connected to a smart Sony which then connects to a Sonos sound system. 

There appears to be no surround sound when watching normal Tv and the sound we do have sounds weird and slightly out of sync with what is on tv

When using any of the apps such as itv x or bbc I player there is still no surround sound even though there was on our previous you veiw box. 

when using apps such as prime/Netflix and Disney we have full surround sound. 

is this normal or do I need to reset the box and try again? 

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

To change or downgrade your package you will have to call the Loyalty Team directly. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Renton608
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi Carl,

Just to update, we have had the second TV Hub box delivered and the sound issue is still the same. This has led me to believe that the issue is with my TV not the Hub as first thought. IT seems that as my TV is a couple of years old it wont pass through the Dolby Digital signal to my surround system like is does with the older talk talk box we currently have.

As such I need to return the two TV Hub boxes we have and revert back to our original TV package.

Is this possible to do. Unfortunately I haven't got tie to sit and wait on the phone or chat to speak with an agent. 

Please could you advise

Many thanks

Message 3 of 7

Hi

I can see that our colleagues have ordered a replacement TV hub for you.  Test with this when this arrives and see if the issue persists.

The TV Hub is a completely different manufacturer and model from the older TV Box you have so any comparisons between the boxes is pointless and will not necessarily highlight an issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Renton608
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

Hello there. I have been speaking with the online chat help teams about an issue with my new tv hub box. Unfortunately I've been cut off twice from them so haven't been able to reach a resolution.

Our new tv hub box is having surround sound issues. We currently have an older you view box that gave us surround sound on everything from digital tv to all the apps including Amazon and Netflix.

I have connected the new box and the sound is quite bad. There is no surround sound and the sound occsonalky keeps breaking up and losing sync with people on the tv.

So far I have reset the box to factory settings twice. Rebooted the box 4 times. Changed the hdmi cable 3 times. Moved the hdmi to a different port on the tv twice and none of this has made a difference.

When reconnecting the old box it straight away plays all tv and most apps in surround sound through our connected sonos system

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the information. 

Just to clear up any confusion:

with our previous box (You view recordable) we had surround sound whilst watching digital TV and all apps.

With the new box we have no surround whilst watching digital tv and tv apps such as BBC iplayer, itv x and more 4. The only apps that give us surround sound on the new box are Netflix and amazon prime video.

To confirm this I unplugged the new box and reinstalled the old box ad everything was in surround.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi

If sound is outputting correctly from some apps, but not from others, this would suggest it may be the apps themselves.

You can check in the individual app for any additional settings to see if this helps.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes