cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV set up for development

Friendly1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi I’ve just set up my new tv box and all is ok but it states ‘For Development’ in the top corner 

12 REPLIES 12

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 13

HI @Friendly1 

If you can check for an update this should resolve this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

Excellent 🙂

Glad this has now been resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

The firmware update fixed it, thank you Karl! 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 13

Hi

If you check under Settings > Device Preference > About,  the box should have defaulted to the firmware / software version 5.7.0

The later firmware has been updated.  5.7.12 - You can check if this is available to you soon.

Meanwhile, could you send me via Private Message the Google ID of your Box so our Teams can check if it is requesting the update.

The Google ID is on a sticker under the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Hi

On your TV Box, can you go to Settings > Device Preferences >  About > System Update,  and see if there are any updates available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Hi

I was not hopeful that this would work as I think it may be firmware related.

I'm waiting to hear back from our firmware / device manager to see what steps are to be taken to mitigate this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

FYI A factory reset doesn’t change anything 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

Hi

I've flagged this to our Devices Team to see if any updates or firmware changes have been pushed over the weekend.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

@Karl-TalkTalk this is three boxes this weekend now reporting showing this message.

I've recommended factory resets, but not heard if this has cleared the message.

@Iblanks as @Gliwmaeden2  requests could you start your own thread and report back on that thread if a factory reset helped please.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

If you need to follow this up, @Iblanks, please start your own thread so that there is no confusion on this one.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Staff will reply to the original poster, and won't be back before tomorrow, so we don't want to hold up the progress of this one in the queue for attention by posting further here.

You'll need to complete your community forum profile details too for staff to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Iblanks
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

I’m in exactly the same boat, due to go live on the 29th but plugged in the Now TV box beforehand and have For Development in the top right corner of the screen. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I've never seen that before.

Try switching off at the mains and see if it's still there.

If so I'd do a factory reset from the settings menu 

Hope it works

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes