cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV hub box for development

Hubs2024
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have just set up my new Tv Hub box to my TV and it is constantly showing a message saying “For Development” in the top right hand corner of the screen. I’ve tried resetting the box and resetting the router but to no avail.

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Thank you. The update worked and has removed the “for development” banner.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Hubs2024 

I'm getting reports in now that the manual software update check is working and the box is updating.  This should resolve the issue for you too.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Hi

If you check under Settings > Device Preference > About,  the box should have defaulted to the firmware / software version 5.7.0

The later firmware has been updated.  5.7.12 - You can check if this is available to you soon.

Meanwhile, could you send me via Private Message the Google ID of your Box so our Teams can check if it is requesting the update.

The Google ID is on a sticker under the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi

On your TV Box, can you go to Settings > Device Preferences >  About > System Update,  and see if there are any updates available.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi

This has been flagged to our Devices Teams here to see if any changes have been made over the weekend.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

I'd not heard of this until last week when another customer mentioned this.

I recommended a factory reset, but it appears you have tried this.

@Karl-TalkTalk is back tomorrow and may be able to shed some light on this, but if your resetting of the box was not a factory reset, could you please try this.

Also are you using the supplied HDMI cable? If not can you try this too.

Thank you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes