cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TalkTalk TV Hub

RuiBelfieldSantos
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi TalkTalk community,

I'm a very recent customer using the TalkTalk TV Hub device and I'm very disappointed with the picture quality coming from the TV Hub box, so I thought I could ask for some guidance and support in case there's something that can be done to improve the quality of service.

Background:

I have a Samsung Smart TV, which is connected to the TalkTalk TV Hub ,and all the apps included  on the TV Hub I also have them directly on the TV's own menu.

Problem:

The TV experience when using the apps via the TalkTalk TV Hub device is significantly worse than when I access the apps directly via the Samsung SmartTV menu. For reference, both  TalkTalk TV Hub and Samsung TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi and in the same location.

Description:

When I initially set up the TV Hub, about a month ago, I realised that the TV screen, when using the TV Hub source, had several white flashy spots and when watching 'Netflix' or 'Now' (or any other channel/app via the TV Hub) the sound was constantly breaking. I decided to try and replace the HDMI cable provided by TalkTalk by another HDMI cable I had connected to a different device and both the white flashy spots and the sound issue seem to have been resolved. As such, I bought a new 8K HDMI cable for the connection between the TV Hub and the TV to replace the faulty HDMI cable originally provided by TalkTalk. This have resolved the issues observed before (and described above) however there's still quite a substantial difference in the TV's picture quality when using the apps via TV Hub source compared to when using the SmartTv apps menu. The image quality and definition is much better (much more clearer) via the TV's own apps menu which is making me not using the TV Hub box interface at all. Even the TV aerial connected directly to the TV provides a clearer picture than via the TV Hub box. 

With the exposed above, I come here by to kindly request if TalkTalk could provide any guidance or support to help overcoming this issue. I don't know if there's anything I could do, or have done wrong, or if this may be a case of a faulty TV Hub box set, in the same way as it was clear that the HDMI originally provided by TalkTalk was faulty.

As it stands currently, I'm not using the TV Hub and its interface since I get much better image quality by using the channel/apps directly from the TV menu. For this reason I'm not seeing any point in paying £5 per month for something that I don't use at all and it's not adding anything to my TV viewing experience, in fact it's making it worse.

If you can kindly provide some guidance and support to overcome this issue I would really appreciate as it would significantly improve my viewing experience and my opinion of TalkTalk's overall experience, which frankly hasn't been very positive.

With regards,

Rui

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

You can try a factory reset of the box to see if anything changes. 

If you already have the apps on your smart TV, you can use these directly if they give a better performance.

If you do wish to remove the TV charge and return your Talk Talk TV Box, you can give our Teams a call and discuss this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes