cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv box refuses to pause, rewind, fast forward or record

62colin
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My box has never worked since I received it, what can I do to address?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

If the USB stick has been correctly formatted but is not allowing you to record, I would test another USB stick.   Not all USB devices are equal, some of the cheaper branded ones can have issues.  A 256GB stick is usually adequate for most recordings.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Ps, please complete your profile as requested so staff can trace your account.

Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

1tb have been reported to have issues, especially if bought from ebay or third party sellers elsewhere. These are sold as 1tb and although they register as such, they are often smaller capacity that don't format correctly as the capacity does not match that that is expected. 

I use a 256mb myself and purchased from a well known supermarket. 

Unless your usb works, you will not be able to record, rewind or fast forward.

To get the rewind to work on live TV, you must pause live TV first and then press play. You will be able to rewind to this pause point when required.

A recorded programme should let you ff and rewind.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

62colin
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

it’s a 4k box and I’ve formatted a 1tb usb in it but nothing works other than getting the standard tv picture!

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Can you confirm which box you have and how long you have had it as recordable boxes have not been supplied for about 2 years now?

If a YouView box, it may be that you have a remote with a record button. The remotes are the same for all boxes so it will not work if your box has no hard drive.

As to rewind and ff, these will only work on live TV if you have paused or previously rewound the current programme. Changing channels resets this function.

If you have a 4K box you need a usb stick to record and use live TV rewind. Search for Netgem 4k manual for a better explanation of how this box works.

If you have a recordable YouView box, Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non-recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know as you are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Thank you

0 Likes