cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Weak signal

Koppite
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

I am having major problems with the service and receiving poor signal % (mostly 40-50 %). Today it is an absolute nightmare as it keeps going down, all channels lost. Try to retune channels, takes forever and then goes down again. The youview box is a few years old now. Have followed all the instructions from the Helpdesk but nothing seems to work. Help!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi GlynW1,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

GlynW1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Its the same for me to , been happening all week , sky mix and related stations seems to be the worst , but its on standard stations not hd 🤔 eny idears enyone at talk talk 🤔

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

As my Community colleagues advise, test the aerial direct to the TV.

I'm in a good signal area, but am also having issues with some channels, especially BBC, with aerial direct to a TV, and my aerial is fine.  High pressure weather systems cause issues for TV signals, but you can also check the freeview website for any transmitter issues or maintenance in your area.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

It's a weak signal arriving at the TV Box. So, the TV aerial or its cable or the connection to the TV Box are the most likely faults. The TV Box tuner is normally reliable but you can troubleshoot by testing the TV aerial cable in to the TV directly assuming there's not already a connection from the TV Box antenna out to the TV set that you can check by simply selecting TV on the TV set. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Koppite
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the reply.  I live close to the Crystal Palace transmitter (2 miles) so I don’t understand the weak signal. Is it the Youview box or the aerial at fault? I’ve now retuned again and got some service back but lost all the HD channels…nightmare.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

You've actually said the words "weak signal". And that's exactly what the 40-50% signal strength indicator tells you - that the signal from the TV antenna is too weak. For reliable TV reception I'd aim for a minimum strength of 60% to a TV box although a TV tuner may well be more sensitive and cope with a lower strength signal. 

TalkTalk TV Support Hub

TV Antenna

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

What is the signal like coming from your TV aerial? Try plugging the aerial directly into your TV temporarily, is it better or about the same?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes