cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Wifi tv box

lucas15
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Is it possible to buy the new Wifi tv box outright rather than paying the £5 monthly fee. And the cost of the box please.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@lucas15, only the core Broadband (with any phone line) goes up each April.

The TV charge, though set up on your contract, behaves more like the boosts - can remain the same for ages, but then get hiked up. So uncertain what will happen, rather than locked in April rises. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the info, TalkTalk are pushing the box in my account, that £5 will go up twice during the 24 month contract, another rip off, hence the reason for buying outright

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

If you want recordable then your choices are limited. The 4K box can record a single channel with the addition of a suitable USB drive, but not if you want to  record another at the same time. You can get around that to an extent by getting an aerial splitter which will allow you to record on the box whilst watching a separate channel directly on your TV. The alternatives are fully fledged PVRs from the likes of BT. Sky and Virgin, with all the associated extra costs. Or there are still a few Freeview recorders available on the market to purchase outright. 

0 Likes

lucas15
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

It came up when I renewed my broadband contract. My existing Tv box is playing up, so I am looking to replace it with a Wifi recordable type and get rid of the long cable..

Thanks for the advice, I will look into other types of Wifi tv boxes. Any recommendations will be helpful.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

No. And consider why you would want to? There are other devices out there that you could buy, what is it that you are wanting from any such device specifically?