cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView Box

Jaxx1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hello.  I have been with TalkTalk for many years and have just renewed my Fibre 65 + TV plan for another 18 months (my previous plan was for Fibre 35 + TV).  I am not at all technical but have a few questions. My YouView Box is Huawei Model DN372T.01.01.P, Variant 001.

1. The aerial loop through on the box doesn't work.  Input works, but output to the telly doesn't so I cannot access tv channels on it.  I am able to access all the apps via the router cable.  Also I am able to watch tv channels on my tv (when YouView Box is switched off).

2. For some reason there are no subtitles on ITV 1 on ITV Hub - all other channels and apps have subtitles.

3. Because I am an existing customer who has just renewed her TalkTalk + TV contract would I be eligible for a new box.  When I did a bit of research it seemed that as such a customer I should have access to YouTube on my box (I don't).

Perhaps I have a faulty box?

Thank you for any advice

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

the new boxes are both wired and also wifi.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you.  I will look into this.  Just one question.  Are the new 4K TV Boxes wifi only or can you still contact to the internet via ethernet cable?

Thanks

Jaxx

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Thank you.  I can now see the channels.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

just to add, we do not issue the older youview boxes any more, youtube has never been available on those youview boxes, and subtitles are the responsibility of the individual broadcaster for their apps, so some apps such as ITVX may not always have subtitles.

We do have a new 4K TV box available and you should be eliginle for one of these provided you have TalkTalk entertainment added to your package.

If this is something you are interested in, give our customer teams a call and they can discuss the options with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

For the first question, you need to enable the aerial out in Settings. To do this, go to:-

YouView > Settings > Picture & Sound > Antenna out

Turn this on.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes