cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView TV Guide not working or slow

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 49

Hi 

@Mmatt , @Pez30 , @Bferen , @Frankafrank , @Rusty_2 , @Glendevonfrank , @Glenda5 , @Cathcol , @SCBierton13 , @Suezz , @Chevy1 

Can you all please confirm if you have tried the following :

removing the aerial  = Y/N

remove the ethernet = Y/N

reboot = Y/N

retune = Y/N

Also have you done a factory reset Y/N

If you can also let me know the number of channels you have after a reune, and if you notice this issue affecting a specific channel, or what channel you are watching when you notice this happening.

Please reply just in this thread so I can collate all answers for our Youview contacts.  I'm in direct contact with them currently so can relay info across quickly.

I'll also pin this thread at the top for now so it's easy for you all to find.

Thanks  
Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

48 REPLIES 48

Supermole
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 49

Hi , I have done all of those and no change, still slow to load guide no programme details, slow to change channels, volume etc.

0 Likes

Chevy1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 49

Hi

I have done all of the above and it’s still the same it’s so frustrating because I have just renewed my contract for Two years and this happens.

Not sure if I can cancel it now but you have not fulfilled the contract as I have no youview now.

Jmarion
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 49

Karl- Talktalk. Please add me to your list.  Same issues as above. Told I need new box but my current BB unable to support a new box. Full Fibre is not available via TT at my address.  

0 Likes

Message 24 of 49

Hi Karl

Can you still record programmes on this new box-the TV hub or not?

Thanks

Rusty_2

Rusty2

Message 25 of 49

Hi All,

Just as an alternative suggestion while I'm here, the Legacy Youview Boxes are getting on a bit now, bit like myself.   These models are about 12 years old, and when the current issue is resolved, there are no guarantees that there will be more issues down the line, as these boxes are ageing, like any technology, they will become more problematic as time goes by.

The newer TV box we supply, the TV HUB is android based and can be updated, does have access to more apps including things like YouTube and Pluto TV as well as having Google assistant, and is unnafected by any of these issues we are seeing with the older YouView boxes.

I would encourage any one here to consider taking one of the new TV HUB's as that will be better going forward.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 26 of 49

Hi @Annie9896 

Thank you, I'll update my spreadsheet here.

I've been on calls with YouView today, and they are on calls with other entities looking at broadcast channels and data directly from the source etc, so there is a flurry of activity this side, even if it looks quiet here 🙂

I will keep all updated as info comes in, but I'm not here over the weekend.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Annie9896
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 49

Hi Karl, when I retuned this morning I had 166 channels

Annie
0 Likes

Message 28 of 49

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

Thanks Karl, will try as soon as we can

Rusty_2

Rusty2
0 Likes

Message 30 of 49

Hi

Thanks for testing, If you can, Take the aerial out and change to BBC1 - it won't come on, but thats expected 🙂

Plug aerial in, then change to channel 101, and just try the channels above 101, 102, 103 etc and see if they all work and the guide works better when just using the channels above 100.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Pez30
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 49

Did not come on without aerial in.   Tried with aerial initially not responding then started working fine using guide and changing channels.  Started lagging again/not responding waited 30 seconds started responding again but now stuck on guide with no info for channels so stopped responding again.  Will have to try again later

0 Likes

Message 32 of 49

Hi @Annie9896   And everyone else 🙂

We are looking into this currently, and I should have more info around noon today.

One thing to test, take out the aerial, then select BBC1 (channel 1) on the box/remote.

When the box changes to channel 1, plug the aerial back in and see if the small EPG (Guide) shows ok at the bottom of the screen.

Try changing to 101 (BBC HD) and see if that is responsive.

Then try Channel 236 - GBNews and channel 233 Sky News and see if they are showing ok and are responsive and that the EPG is loading and showing ok.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Annie9896
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 33 of 49

My TV GUIDE works initially AFTER the Factory reset then when u come out of it but then go back into it, it appears slowly but with NO data next to the channels. Have retuned etc  but to no avail.

Remote working very slowly. 
As a pensioner I rely on my TV recording facility so any help I can get would be appreciated. Thank you.

Annie

Message 34 of 49

Hi @Pez30 

YouView have asked, can you try a maintenance reset as follows :

TalkTalk TV  & Plus Box

1. Turn the power on using the button at the back of the box
  2. Press the power button on the front of the box
  3. Very quickly, press and hold the + and - buttons on the front of the box together for 10-15 seconds
  4. You should see the start screen on your TV, followed by the Maintenance Mode screen
  5. Select Factory Reset.

When the box is back up and running, just try switching between channels BBC1 & BBC2 then try the Guide and see if this is unresponsive for those channels or just in general.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Pez30
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 49

I currently have 179.  I don’t think specific channel remote unresponsive or really slow generally

0 Likes

Message 36 of 49

Pez30_0-1714723770856.png

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Morning All,

Please can I ask you to confirm the number of channels you have after a retune.

You can see this in the settings.

Also, do you notice if this only happens if you try to select a specific channel, or what channel you are on when you see this happening.

Thank You,

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 38 of 49

Hi @RMurray ,

What Model TV Box do you have ? Also, under the box is a serial number, can you provide this please.

I cannot see any service discovery logs here, so not seeing any communicatin from your TV Box to our servers etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 39 of 49

Hi All,

Thanks for adding your info to this thread. I've read all posts and collated all info in one place to relay to youview as they test.  They are replicating the issues on TV Boxes at their side and looking at all the logs to narrow down the root cause.  I'll keep you all updated here with their progress.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Rusty_2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 49

Karl

All done- no different

Thanks

Rust_2

Rusty2
0 Likes