cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

TV Guide not working

Mmatt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 38

The TV Guide isnt working properly. You can't change channel with it. It's very slow to appear. After about 2 hours it springs back to life and seems to work properly. But if you turn the TV off it goes back to being slow or freezing. I've re-booted the box twice, turned the TV connection off and on. Changed remote batteries. All made no difference.

37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Have tried troubleshooters on my TV box but still not working no TV guide and sometimes will not change channels.  New batteries changed

Message 2 of 38

@FranChe here it is again

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/YouView-TV-Guide-not-working-or-slow/m-p/3039157#M187176

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Nope, I go up and down the mobile but see no sense or link or option.bplease ignore me, kick me out,v anything - I give this up! 

FC
0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

The link I provided goes to it.

This is where all updates will be posted.

To stop receiving emails for this thread, use the 3 dots at the top of the thread and click unsubscribe.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Sorry, I am completely lost in what may be the top, or pinned, there does not  seem to be chronological order to the messages. How do I get out of emails about this thread!?

FC
0 Likes

Message 6 of 38

Hi, @FranChe 
This is an issue that is under active investigation by YouView.
Please see the pinned topic at the top of the TV board for information and to add your experience here.
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/YouView-TV-Guide-not-working-or-slow/m-p/3038974
Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

@Jmarion speed or package is not an issue now for the TV Hub.

This is the only box that TalkTalk supply now and is available regardless of package, and was opened up to all. However you may have to recontract to get one.

You will need to phone to do so.

Try phoning 0345 172 0088 and say you can't get ITVX. This should prompt them into offering you one.

You shouldn't be asked to return the existing box and can argue you want to keep it to record.

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

@ Karl!

@The soft rest didn't work (3-4 attempts).  Unplugging and replugging seems to have helped better with the TV guide.

However, switching on was and still is excruciatinglt slow: or not working from the remote, I have to push the box button for 10seconds every time then it's a full slow wake up..., even after checking the SMART option is on for restarts... 

Yesterday I tried returning channels, twice, which decreased my access to only 80. (Not a major issue but maybe a symptom?). 

FC
0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

Hi, @Jmarion 
This is an issue that is under active investigation by YouView.
Please see the pinned topic at the top of the TV board for information and to add your experience here.
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/YouView-TV-Guide-not-working-or-slow/m-p/3038974

Your box will hopefully work once YouView identify the issue and release a fix.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 38

My Youview box has to be rebooted every time I switch it on and the guide only works spasmodically. After doing 3 maintenance checks (as directed by three Talktalk technicians on Chat), I have lost all my recordings and achieved nothing. Last Chat told me that there was a problem with my box and I would need a new one. I was given a number to call. And guess what? My broadband will not support a new box and an upgrade to Full Fibre is not available via Talktalk although I know that other suppliers (like Vodafone) have FF availability in my building.  Pretty hopeless it seems! 

0 Likes

Mmatt
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 38

Guide is working at the moment. It was unresponsive when I switched on again tonight. Restarted the box, made no difference at first but now it seems to work OK. I'm not going to say it's fixed, till I see what happens in the next few days

Message 12 of 38

Tried the factory reset again. It worked ok for approx 15 seconds then back to not working.

Message 13 of 38

Not for a few days. Will try again now.

Message 14 of 38

Hi

Did you also try the factor reset ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

I've tried all the resets and suggested steps. Nothing makes a difference i'm afraid.

Message 16 of 38

Hi All, 

just an FYI, if you can try the Factory Reset from the settings menu rather than the maintenance reset to see if this also helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi Glenda5

If you can try the steps above, and if nothing changes, try a factory reset from the settings menu.

Then let me know.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Glenda5
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 38

Same problem here. Its been like this for a week now. 

Message 19 of 38

Hi All, 

If you can please follow these troubleshooting steps from YouView, and let me know . and please drop me a PM with the serial number and model of your box, It will either be DN360T, DN370T or DN372T :

Some things we’d like to try before they do a factory reset:

• Remove ethernet and see if the box/Guide recovers
  • If not, remove the aerial and see if the box becomes responsive
  • Reboot the box if they haven’t already
  • If the box is briefly responsive after a reboot, try a retune via Settings

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hi @Pez30 

Can you drop me a PM with the serial number of your STB so I can get youview to check the logs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes