cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

YouView clock issues (new) 1 week after BST clock change

demodulator
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

On Sunday 2nd April, I set a recording, from the guide, for a programme starting at 10pm.
This was a few minutes before the start, and I carried on watching another channel - but no notification appeared that my recoding had started (message at the top of the screen).

After about 10 minutes, I thought it was possible that I had somehow not noticed the message - or perhaps the programme had been delayed, so I looked at the guide and My TV and finally changed channel to the one I wanted to record, to prove that the programme was being broadcast as scheduled, but had not started recording.

I pressed record, to get the recording to start from that point, only to be informed that it was too late to record the programme because it had finished - but shown in the message was the title of a programme from earlier, which had really finished by then.

So, scheduled recording doesn't work now.
Also, starting recording from live TV isn't possible.

Also, pressing Info while watching live TV displays details about programmes from earlier (the correct info is displayed if in the guide though.

This is 1 week after the problems with BST not being observed by the boxes, and the software update to fix it a couple of days later, which was meant to update automatically overnight, but didn't (on either of the promised nights) and had to be applied with a manual check for software updates on the 2nd night. 

Is there, or will there be, a software update for this issue? Soon? Will it update automatically?

Has the previous fix caused a time drift which will be applied every Sunday until the end of October, when we return to GMT?

Can fixes be tested on boxes which have their clock rolled forward for testing purposes, to check that the fixes don't only work until the end of the week?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

I believe that youview pushed an update during the week, but if the box did not update, it can be done manually.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

demodulator
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Karl

I tried a soft reset (hold front power button until the box restarts) and the issues appear to have been resolved.

I would always try a soft reset first, then if that doesn't help, a shutdown (power button at the back) and switch on after about 10 minutes, then if that didn't work, unplug from the power for half an hour, and only then a maintenance reset.

(It appears that the aging boxes can react badly to a maintenance reset for some users, so it should be reserved as a last resort)

So, was there a software update this weekend? I didn't see that one was mentioned anywhere on the TalkTalk site.

Thanks
Demodulator

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

HI

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset  and this will also download any software updates, to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes