cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

(old) Youview Box & the demise ITV Hub

muggins14
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Having just seen the notification on the itvHub, although being aware that itvX was rolled-out as daughter uses it on laptop, I thought I'd look around on the TalkTalk website and community, as well as the wider internet, only to find that we will not be able to access itvX on our TV due to the very old YouView box provided.  

I notice from TT's community and website that only people with access to Fibre broadband will be able to acquire a set top box which will access itvX. 

It's no real big issue to me but my daughter is a bit frantic about it.

My QUESTION/QUERY is, does it matter at all which set top box I use considering my account is purely for internet access (although it says mobile on my account, TT haven't done my mobile in years). 

I assume I am free to acquire any available itvX-compatible set top box that I can purchase, in order to access all the accounts we hold (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc) and, yes, itvX, as there is none available to customers such as myself - with very old YouView boxes - through TalkTalk and I'm sure TT don't expect us not to avail ourselves of what we can in order to continue with, even enhance, our current viewing experience?

One assumes that there is no restriction on set top box brand as it's simply a box enabling apps (free or otherwise) to be viewed on our TV and we are only paying TalkTalk for the broadband which enables a set top box to function.  I'm aware that TT have contracts with Youview and Netgen (others?) but as the new boxes are not available to all customers, one has to assume customers have free choice to find a more up-to-date box themselves.

If you happen to know which boxes available to purchase out there in the wilderness are the best value (only want streaming, not recording) then please do advise this eager customer! Thank you.

Alison, expertise? none
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @Jarrr70 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Jarrr70
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Don't understand just want catch up back

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@fr8ys I endorse the posters choice of a Roku as an alternative to the Amazon Firestick. 🙂

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

If your box currently records, keep it connected and buy an Amazon firestick. They are currently very competitively priced and you can access ITVX as well as iPlayer etc. 

There is also access to other apps such as Pluto which have many free films and shows.

If you want a box then yes, you can connect whatever box you wish.  There are no restrictions.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

muggins14
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Apologies, after chatting with itvX on Twitter, I'm going with a Roku so I need no further advice.  Thanks.

Alison, expertise? none