cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

youview box problem

Grand-daddy1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

My 'TalkTalk' Youview Box
HUAWEI
Model Number: DN372T.01.03.P
was not working.
When I tried to play previous recordings it only show a blank screen.
When I tried to record a program, it shows "Failed to record"
I have followed all the procedures to correct the fault.
I have checked all the connections. (No change).
I have rebooted the Router. (No Change).
I have turned the 'YouView Box' off and turned it on again. Waited for it to 'Wake Up'. (No Change).
I have turned the 'YouView Box' off, waited 30 seconds and turned it on again. Waited for it to 'Wake Up' (No Change).
I have done a 'Soft Reset'. Waited for it to 'Wake Up'. (No change).
I have done a 'Factory Reset' (Keep Recordings). Waited for it to 'Wake Up'. (No Change).
I have followed all the procedures on the TalkTalk website to correct the issue but nothing has sorted the problem.
This all started with the problem that 'TalkTalk' had with the clocks going forward.
This took a whole morning to no avail.
Then, having spent another 2 hours on the TalkTalk chat line without rectifying the problem, I took the bit between my teeth and did the 'Factory Reset' Delete Recordings.
This 'seems' to have rectified the problem.
It now records from the Guide. It records by just pressing the Record Button. It plays the recordings. It has 'Failed to Record' 2 recordings from the Guide, but, it then searched and found another channel playing the same program and recorded that instead.
So far, fingers crossed.
I hope others with a similar problem can benefit from my experience.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

cascas
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

I am trying to use an old TalkTalk tv box. I cannot update the software and can not get an aerial signal to register. The recordings from the past are playable.. What is stopping the aerial registering?. Chris

0 Likes

Jstewart
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I've tried everything including factory reset, nothing working, 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

thanks for sharing your experience.  If there is any corruption on the hard drive, or any corrupt files, the factory reset is the only option to clear this.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes